1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Casey Hayward Has Been One of the Best Free-Agent Signings so Far

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SuperCharger92, Oct 15, 2016.

1. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    So, Casey Hayward arguably the best free agent signing this year. We chose to sign him, instead of Patrick Robinson. We got a player who is 2 years younger for $1.3 million more. Also, Hayward has already been more productive in 6 games than Robinson was in 16 games here in San Diego and thus far in Indianapolis.

Who bashed Telesco for letting Robinson walk? :confused:

3. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    Also, the rookie class in last night's game was unreal.

Bosa - 6 QB pressures, 1 stop.
    Henry - 6 catches for 83 yards and 1 TD.
    Brown - 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble.
    Kaser - 4 of his 5 punts landed inside the Broncos 20 yard line.

Also, Telesco's signing of Korey Toomer. He looked solid against the Raiders and put up another solid performance against the Broncos with 7 tackles and 1 force fumble.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +537
    Telesco has made some pretty significant mistakes over his time in San Diego, but he's had some successes too. This last offseason, in terms of both FA and the draft, is shaping up to be his best.

5. Lawyers guns & money

Lawyers guns & money BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    Heyward, Mebane and Slauson have all been significant additions. Add in the rookies, Brown, Henry, And Bosa and it could be the most impactful off season in over 10 years. If Kaser can play like he did against Denver and Tuerk ever performs it will be a slam dunk

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    I think Tuerk is a back up until Slauson either declines or sees out his contract. I don't mind it either to be honest. Spencer Pulley has been very, very good working in at C and RG. He was undrafted.

Not to mention, Joshua Perry will most likely have a larger role next season and Donovan Clark looked real good in preseason and camp, from what we heard.

Caraun Reid was an excellent pick up for depth at DT behind Liuget as well.

Also, Derek Watt has been better. He created some holes in the run game against Oakland last week.

Dexter McCoil will be a lot better when we get a FS that can play center field. McCoil is an in the box playmaker, can't wait to see what he can do in that SS/ILB role.

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    The fact that we're not sitting at 4-2 or 5-1 is disgusting to me.

If we still had Allen and Verrett I could convince myself that a comeback is possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Me too and then I realised I was having a pipe dream

9. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Casey Hayward has been awesome. All that being said I'm writing this days before he has to take on Julio Jones. God speed Casey.

10. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    He's got 10 days to prepare for him.

Hopefully Pagano doesn't drop Ingram and Attaochu into coverage like he did Thursday night. Or play Adrian Phillips in the slot one on one with no safety help, like he did against Cooper last Sunday.

But I expect Flowers to be back for this game. Mager had an excellent and surprising game on Thursday night.

11. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +537
    I think Mager's night would have looked a lot worse if Siemian could get the ball downfield to Sanders. Mager was just roasted on a few occasions, but Siemian's pop gun arm made it not matter.

12. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    He made two PBU's that were impressive. I didn't expect him to make those plays.

Mager's best plays have come inside the numbers. He should considered a slot corner going forward or, start to develop him as a single-high safety. Coming out, and we've seen splashes in his NFL game, of his speed and aggressiveness. He's got a fluid back pedal as well and I think he will really benefit reading and reacting to plays, using his athleticism to make those plays.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +271
    Our safeties have been pretty bad, I love magers aggresiveness but i dont love him in man to man coverage. I really would love to see him at safety though. But this is a coaching staff that also refuses to play attoachu instead going with kyle emmanuel and it took an injury to play jatavis brown who was clearly the better player wen compared to manti teo. So eventho magers skill set, physical ability, and mentality looks like a great match for safety I guess we should jus get used to seeing him miss used as that appears to be what we do

14. BoltBackerBrice

BoltBackerBrice Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Hard to believe our defensive backfield has shown much more fight absent Verrett and Flowers, just seeing Mayer on the field would usually prompt me to chew my finger nails off. He hasn't changed my mind, but confidence is a huge element and the backups are definitely looking confident primarily due to Hayward. We may be on to something with the front seven looking better each week.

15. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Coach Mike McCoy
    there's your problem

Ironically all for the better. We're likely to get a top ten pick, add some more players, have a good draft again and this team is ready to compete

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    We're going 8-8 and McCoy will be retained.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    Damn! I was so optimistic with Ant's post and you had to come up with this scenario

18. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    It is so typical of the Chargers to pull this stunt. We're going win 5 of the next 6 and be at 7-5, everyone will be screaming "Super Bowl!" and we're going to finish the year 1-3 and lose to the Chiefs on the last day of the season for the final playoff spot at home.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I can't imagine short of going to the playoffs Mike McCoy has done enough to earn beyond a one year extension. Sincerely. Even the Spanos family gets to a breaking point with bad coaches, and considering that McCoy barely BARELY survived a do or die game, it'll take a lot of wins to earn a long term extension