1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cason unsure if he'll report to camp

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Cason! Get 'er done! You need to be in camp.

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    then it'll be the gain of Oliver/Gordon/Tribble instead
    Cason's basically been offered the nickel job on a silver platter, if he's stupid enough to hold out then he'll be lucky to be active this year

3. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I think he'll get a deal done this week. My super secret sources say he'll be in camp by Friday.

4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    He's not the only one. Only a handful of first rounders have signed.

That uncapped year is really screwing things up on what would have been 5 or 6 year deals for the first round picks.

5. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    I do not have Super Secret Sources, but I feel you are right Thumper, I am sure I will see him on Saturday...

6. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    File this one under "What's he supposed to say?"

He'll get signed. :yes:

7. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    Contract or no contract how is not showing up to camp out of your hands? This team is going to the Super Bowl with or without you.

8. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    There are a lot of unsigned first rounders, particularly among defensive players. This happens every year and every year people react the same way. Cason will be signed sometime within a week of the first day of camp. Rookies no longer come into camp ignorant of the playbook or the system they will play in. Cason has already studied the system and worked out in the mini camps. I fail to understand why people think players and agents are ungrateful wretches who should just knuckle under to the owners and take low ball offers or unfavorable terms just to make us happy.

9. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Well technically the Chargers don't need to make him an offer, so that is out of his hands. He'll get signed though.

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I wonder why he wants to drag his feet on coming into camp. They can't be that far off of deciding on a figure. Does he just want one more week before he starts the grueling camp thing. LIfe must be nice in arizona (115 degrees and all).

To be honest. I can't beleive its almost training camp. Somenone of the female persuasion pinch me.

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    can I just kick you instead? :lol::lol:

12. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    NO. If it makes you feel better the gorgeous babe can pinch you as well. I'll tell you what. I get down there if gas prices don't go stupid and lets go over to the chargers cheerleader tent and have them pinch us both that the season is on. :yes:

13. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    As fun as that is, I don't want my first official case to be the one where i defend my ***

14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    If he wants to be a champion, he'll get into camp ASAP. :yes: :bolt:

15. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    You wanted to trade Rivers and Merriman when they held out. Don't stress out this time. Cason will sign soon. :lol:

16. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Let me see if I can say this as delicately as possible? Get your F***ing arse into camp as fast as your feet can carry you Mr. Cason. We have a Lombardi to win!!:yes:

17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    ^^^^^^ QFT

18. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Modification
    Get your ****ing arse into camp or your going to be on the bench all year while we go win a Lombardi and while Oliver (or tribble or gordon) steal and hold your job

19. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I don't believe he can show up without a contract. I could be wrong but he's got to follow union rules.

20. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    hopefully some folk around him sign real soon so as to help define the parameters. dude needs to be in camp ASAP tho

21. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    He hasnt been handed anything yet and it is his agent, not him that is being stupid, holding out, whatever you want to call it.

22. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Maybe he hasn't had a contract to sign? :yes: I haven't seen or heard about him "holding out". Why is everybody getting their panties in a bunch? :icon_shrug:

:icon_party:

23. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I found, in my wasted youth, that some knickers are easier to twist than others. They were my favorites. They still are in my pre dotage. The prohibition against being in camp without a contract is to protect guys from people like Dan Snyder or the Bill Bidwells of the NFL, not AJ, who is an honorable man.