1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cason's interception

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
  2. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Reminds me of Cro.
    Should we be worried?

3. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I think many fans need to take a step back.

I know a lot of arm chair GMs are ready to fire the whole team. Too many people are carrying on about Cromartie as if his career is over.

C'mon... He has suffered through hip, groin and hamstrig issues all season. He was ill used by Cottrell, and has played better under Rivera. When a player loses faith in the scheme they also lose faith in the players around them. They try to do more and thus often are out of position.

Wait, next season the Cro will be back, and all of you all will be lining up to kiss his ball hawking arse... :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  4. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
  5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I dont know, are you too wasted to see how to vote? :icon_huh:

6. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    No, Sunday. :tup:

7. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    I agree, I'm not giving up on Cro. He is still young. Some good D-Back coaching could help...he is still a diamond in the rough!:yes:

8. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    you mean rhinestone!:icon_rofl:

9. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    I'm on the fence for Cro. It's not that he isn't playing well; it's more like he doesn't even know how to play the position this season. I'd like to see him get paid in the hopes that 2007 was the real Antonio Cromartie and he'll be back in 2009 but then again I look at him now and he's a totally different player. He isn't playing physical. He isn't playing smart. He is really just all around awful. God, how I hope you're right and resigning Cro will be a smart move but part of me still doubts that Cromartie is as good as he ever was. He definitely needs more D-back coaching and he MUST avoid Deion Sanders. I just hope he watches the film and sees how he can improve for next year.

10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Most of that I put towards injuries and Cottrell blowing the confidence of the defense.

You don't go from shining star to steaming pile of crap without reason.

11. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    First of all... nice reflexes by Cason to snare the ball. How many times have we seen a potential INT glance off the hands of a Charger DB this season?

And second... Some have criticized Cason's 'average' speed,. but look at how he blows past every Buc on his way to the endzone... including a couple that appeared to have the angle on him at the sideline.

Cason = Football Player :tup:

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Agree 100% :tup:

13. montanabolthead

montanabolthead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +30

We've got good DB coaching between Bill Bradley and Kevin Ross. Cottrell going might be the best thing that happend to Cro. Injuries and "sophomore slump" haven't helped him. Let's see what happens before we try to bury him.

14. bucnasty

bucnasty BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    I voted for Reggie Corner.

Cason's INT was not completely necessary - Tampa would have had to drive 50 more yards for a score, then either onside kick or make us go 3-and-out, then drive for another score to tie.

Reggie Corner prevented Stokley from catching the game-tying (with PAT) touchdown in Denver.