1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Castillo: Big test this weekend

Discussion in 'Latest Chargers News & Headlines' started by robdog, Oct 29, 2005.

1. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    <blockquote>Source: Chargers.com

By Luis Castillo

We face a stiff challenge this week against the Chiefs. If you look at them as a group, their offensive line, quarterback and tight end, they're really similar to us. You look at both of their guards and they're both Pro Bowlers. Will Shields, the guy on my side, has been to nine Pro Bowlers and then big Willie Roaf holds down the left side. Those guys are probably future Hall of Famers. They have the ability to muscle you, and they're so technically sound that you have to be on your game when you play them.

I'm excited to play against a Dick Vermeil-coached team this week. I had the opportunity to meet him when I went to the combine. We had these 15-minute interviews that we did with most coaches and teams. I really got a great feel from Wade Phillips when I talked to him, but the other team that stood out the most to me was the Chiefs.</blockquote>
    <a href="http://www.chargers.com/news/headline_detail.cfm?news_key=2390" target="_blank"><strong>
    Article Link</strong></a>