1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Castillo: My first taste of NFL rivalry

Discussion in 'Latest Chargers News & Headlines' started by robdog, Oct 16, 2005.

1. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    <blockquote>Source: Chargers.com

By Luis Castillo

My first Monday Night Football experience was great, except for the final score. For me as a player, it was definitely a change. I got a chance to play the most snaps that I have in my professional career. I think I took all but three plays. It was a physical game. They wanted to run the ball, and when the game was on the line, that's what they went to. It was tough not being able to pull it out at the end. It definitely broke me down a little bit mentally and physically, but we'll all bounce back.

I felt horrible about what happened to Ben Roethlisberger at the end of the game. It's something where you want to go into a game and compete the best you can, but you never want to get anyone hurt. You don't want to end someone's season or even career. It was just a situation where I was doing everything I could to get to the quarterback and I fell into his leg. I was standing there trying to figure out how bad it was. After the game I talked to Trai Essex, a guy I played with at Northwestern, and he told me that they didn't think it was that bad. It was kind of a sigh of relief for me. Ben is a tough player who I have a lot of respect for. I hope he gets back out there soon.</blockquote>
    <a href="http://www.chargers.com/news/headline_detail.cfm?news_key=2338" target="_blank"><strong>
    Article Link</strong></a>