1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

CB Shareece Wright..... Ready to contribute on Special Teams

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, May 11, 2011.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,614
    From CBS Sports RapidReports......

CB Shareece Wright (3rd Round, 89th overall) confirmed that players drafted after the first round haven't yet received playbooks because of the lockout. "We talked as much football as we could in the time that we had," Wright said. "It just gave us an idea of what the (defensive) scheme will be like."

He looks forward to competing on special teams. Specifically, as a gunner on punts and kickoffs, or as a jammer on punt returns. "That is something I did at USC," Wright said. "I definitely can see myself contributing on special teams in whatever they ask me to do."

Shareece Wright wanted the Chargers to draft him. "That is a team I was hoping to play for," Wright said. "It makes me appreciate it so much more. I am going to take every advantage that I can to help this team win."

2. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp Jesus gives wisdom if you pray for it! Banned

Ratings:
    +4
    Sounds good, talks like a team player, very positive. Trippy, though I never knew teams drafted players for special teams TBH. I am surprised. I would just draft back up DB's who are fast and tough to play ST's.

3. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +548
    That is precisely what AJ has done...drafted a backup DB who is fast and tough enough to play ST's. You agreed with AJ.

4. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

Ratings:
    +4
  5. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,614
    When you had the worst special teams unit in the history of the NFL, it might be time to employ some drastic measures, to insure there's no repeat of last seasons debacle..... #imjustsaying ;)

6. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

Ratings:
    +4
    Way cool to see AJ is addressing problems and solving them! Nice post! ♣

7. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +815
    Shareece :icon_rofl:

8. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,614
    Perhaps, they meant to draft Shareece Pfeiffer for the Charger Girls instead? ;)

[​IMG]