1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

CBA: 48 percent share for players

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Lockout: Sources reveal details of proposed NFL CBA - ESPN

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Just get this **** done so we can start free agency and move on with our lives.

I wonder how its going to affect Weddle and Floyd, we'll probably lose both.....although with a higher cap floor we might have to pay them.

3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I certainly hope that your life isn't on hold because of this BS.

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    That would actually be an improvement for the players. From the sounds of it, this would eliminate non-funded silos that money can be set into.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    From what i've heard the owners want some securities on this cap amount in case the economy tanks again, which could be done with some good lawyering. I think we are on the cusp of a new CBA, thank god

6. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Talk of the CBA dominates the podcasts I listen to while I work. If its not the CBA its LeBron, if its not LeBron its baseball....and the Padres F'n suck so there is no enjoyment in that.

7. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    who said baseball has to be all Padres? Go play a game, coach or become an Umpire.

8. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I have no clue what you're talking about now, we're not on the same page anymore.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    join the same softball league I'm in :)

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Sounds pretty simple to me. Get out & participate instead of living vicariously through professional athletes.

11. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I must be the only one on earth that does not give one shiits damn about any of these rich fukers and their petty panty protest. fuk them, I hope they don't come back, and every owner, player, and agent that represents them, looses every damn cent we the fans paid to make them rich beyond any of their pea brained imagination.

12. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I don't think anyone cares, what we want is football.

13. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556

Lets put 2 and 2 together. I'm complaining about the NFL lockout (like every NFL fan right now) and my podcasts being ruined by all this bullshit talk about it.....and his solution is to tell me to go out and become an umpire?

Clearly the dots are not connecting.

14. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,411
    That would require leaving the house though, wouldn't it? ;)

15. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    :) Not a problem for me given my job, I get more fresh air in one day that a nerd like you gets in a month.

16. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    It'll be interesting to see how an increased salary floor affects AJ's strategy... I'm just hoping to God and Black Baby Jesus that he doesn't make up the difference by giving Clary a contract he doesn't deserve (which is basically anything more than reservist money). From there, I'd expect it's pretty much going to be a contest between Floyd and Weddle as to who agrees to what the team is willing to pay them first... thing is I expect the amount the team might have been willing to pay Floyd has probably gone down since the draft - and I was projecting him at Nate Burleson money at best prior to the draft.

This also means that Siler, Oliver, and Hughes are all UFA's too, unless I'm mistaken (I could be wrong on Hughes). Thing is, the combined salaries of Rivers, Gates, and MM along with VJ on the franchise tender may well push us well over 25% of the salary floor with less than 1/10 of our roster accounted for. So I'm not so sure that "we'll have to spend money somewhere" fits the bill, other than the fact that we just had a lot more roster spots created.

17. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    that, I can agree on

18. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'll get football with or without the NFL.

19. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    BASEBALL.

Baseball is just not all about the Padres.

Baseball is getting out on some sort of field and getting involved with it. Play it, coach it, ump it. do something with it. There is youth sports here in San Diego that goes year round. I am out on a basbeall field either coaching or Umpiring at least 125 games a a year. San Diego Adult Baseball League has over 150 teams playing year round, get out and play it.

20. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    this will work if you cant hit the curve ball at the knees. :)

21. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Uh...I know, thank you.

I was talking about radio shows and podcasts though, they never speak about the Pads even when they are good, and now that they suck I have no interest in the MLB season...at all.

Point being we want football back, I'm ready for this CBA crap to be over so we can start talking about football again. The only pro sport San Diego is even moderately relevant in right now.

22. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074

I did not know that anyone still listens to sports talk radio here in San Diego.

Taps the mic………

Is this thing on, can you hear me, is anyone listening?

EYE want to talk SPORTS with YYYYOOUUUUU, anyone come on man someone has to be listening.

From the Anza Borrego desert to the shores of La Jolla, from Tijuana to Los Angeles, someone has to have this radio station on and is willing to call in here, anyone PPPAAAALLLLLEEEEEEEZZZZZZZEEEEEE call me, I have some news just off the sports wire.

23. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    There will be plenty of football to watch either with or without the NFL and it doesn't matter to me.

24. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Blue has a pretty advanced air exchange system piping fresh air into his bunker 24/7. ;)

25. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,411
    You do like to label people, don't you?...... some might find that a tad presumptuous..... #imjustsaying ;)

26. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Really, who else have I labeled? It was your talent for PhotoShop led me to the conclusion. :lol: If your skin isn't completely transparent, and you don't drink 3 Mountain Dews a day as I suspected...then I am sorry for the unfair profiling.

27. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,411
    Yuk....... I hate Mountain Dew, and very rarely have soft drinks. I'll have a bourbon or scotch if you're buying. I'm an artist, not a nerd...... there is a difference. ;)

I can't help being fair skinned, that's my Scottish, Irish, and Welsh genes doing.

28. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Fair enough...but have you ever in your life played "Magic" or "Dungeons and Dragons"? That's the definitive nerd question. :lol:

29. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,411
    I played D&D a few times, when I was young....... does that damn me for life? ;)

I've never been to the Comic Con...... that probably hurts my chances to be a true nerd.

30. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Yes. Yes it does. :pointlaugh: