1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

CBA question

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MasterOfPuppets, Mar 29, 2011.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    Let me see if I can explain myself :)

In the last year of the CBA the owners got 1 billion of the top then the split was something like 57-43 in favor of the players, included in that 57% were player salaries, pensions, etc.

My question is, if all or most teams spent only upto the cap floor would the players still get 57%? or the 57% is only if teams spend the entire salary cap? if it's the former how would that money be given to the players? (ok, more than 1 question :) )

I ask because I wonder if teams would benefit by playing the 2011 season under last years (no cap) rules, specially if they spent well bellow the cap.

2. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    The 57% (minus pensions, monies to already-retired players, etc.) sets the salary floor.