1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

CBS Sportsline: Week 1 Preview

Discussion in 'Latest Chargers News & Headlines' started by robdog, Sep 10, 2005.

1. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    <blockquote>Source: CBS Sportsline

<strong>Dallas at San Diego</strong>

Drew Brees bashers, welcome back. There are plenty of people out there who think that Brees -- last season's comeback player of the year -- will collapse, but I'm not one of them. When you have LaDainian Tomlinson and Antonio Gates in your lineup, how can you fail? Good question. Except Gates isn't playing here. He's suspended for one game. That means it's L.T. inside, outside, up the gut, with small doses of Brees here and there.

San Diego lost no one from the team that won the division in 2004, and it has won three of its past four season openers. I know the Cowboys are better. I know Julius Jones could crank up a monster season. I love rookie defensive end Demarcus Ware, too. It's just ... I don't know ... I don't trust Drew Bledsoe, and I'm not sold on the right side of the Cowboys' offensive line.

The key here is the San Diego pass rush. The club was intent on improving it in the offseason, and let's see what happens. Dallas took Ware over Shawne Merriman, and Merriman vows he has something to prove. OK, let's see it. This is a terrific matchup, and one that could be decided by a field goal. Given the choice, I'll take Nate Kaeding over Jose Cortez.

Something to consider: Tomlinson has a rushing touchdown in each of his past 12 games and can tie a league record by scoring here. </blockquote>

<a href="http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8824242" target="_blank"><strong>Article Link</strong></a>