1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chambers' affair led to Chargers cut

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by IFiredCHart, Dec 2, 2009.

1. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    Views
    Comments

* 06:27 AM ET 12.02
    * Print It
    * My T&R

A 27-year-old San Diego woman who had an affair with former Charger Chris Chambers has been charged with 11 misdemeanor counts for allegedly stalking and harassing the wide receiver's family. Chambers' wife, Christina, told San Diego police in April that Saunders was harassing her with phone calls. Two months later, Chambers requested a temporary restraining order against Saunders, saying she has "launched an incessant attack verbally on me, and now my wife, her mother and sister." He characterized the calls, text messages and e-mails as "abusive, vulgar and irrational." In the court papers, Chambers acknowledged having an affair with Saunders. Chambers, 31, joined the Chargers in a midseason trade from Miami in 2007. He was released Nov. 2 and said at the time that his off-field troubles contributed to the team's decision to let him go.

San Diego Union-Tribune
    Chris Chambers, AP Chris Chambers, AP

I am not sure if I am quite in agreement with the author here...the affair might have been the final straw, but we dumped him because he was essentially playing like the #4 WR on the depth chart.

Similarly, if we decide to part ways with Cro in the near future, it will be because of his flaky coverage game and a lack of hard work on the gridiron, not because he decided to take "crimetime" to the next level and clock someone over the head with a champagne bottle.

And Merriman? It looked very possible that he could be traded before the deadline in the wake of the Tila Tequila allegations, but the injuries and inconsistent play were still likely the underpinning reasons.

AJ is tough, but he is definitely not stupid.:yes:

2. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Love yer screen name. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    He was playing like the #4 WR instead of a starter, because he couldn't concentrate, due to the crazy female stalker threatening him and his (ex) wife.

4. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. PB Bolt

PB Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +138
    I could believe that. He seems to have his mind on the game these days.

Different scenario, but we'll see how good Tiger is at concentrating now also.

6. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    @Nickel: Thanks! Addition through subtraction has nver had more meaning--by my calculation, we have only given up 2 deep balls since his cut, one to Avant on a brilliant catch and the other to Jamaal Charles.

@sdbound: :icon_rofl:

7. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    lolz