1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chambers, Chambers, and more Chambers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by pgreenbe305, Oct 29, 2007.

1. pgreenbe305

pgreenbe305 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +22
    I wanted to get a thread started on all things, Chris Chambers! I know we saw him twice, with one score, which I think is a great sign. I wasn't sure how many times he was thrown to, and am a bit lazy to go dig it up, but let's talk Chambers and everyone's early, and possible premature, opinions of Chambers, now that we saw him in Chargers uniform!

That is all... :abq1:

2. Bergo23

Bergo23 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    I thought it was especially a good omen when Chambers got some SERIOUS seperation from Dunta Robinson on that bomb that Rivers missed overthrew!!!!:abq1:

3. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    he'll be the #1 WR and will help get some pressure away from LT and Gates, if teams keep trying to put 8 in the box, Chambers will burn them (assuming Rivers can hit him) with a long pass

4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Chambers was thrown to 5 times during the game:

First attempt - incomplete - short pass batted away by defender hitting Chambers from behind as ball got there.

Second attempt - 14 yard pass catch with 7 YAC for a 21 yard reception resulting in a first down on a Rivers rollout pass to the right.

Third attempt - 6 yard catch over middle with 8 YAC for a 14 yard TD reception.

Fourth attempt - incomplete - Rivers intentionally threw pass away to the right towards Chambers to avoid rush

Fifth attempt - incomplete - Rivers overthrew 50 yard pass by about 3 yards, otherwise it's a 65 yard TD reception.

Chambers caught 2/3 of the passes thrown his way that were actually "touchable."

Remember, I was a little concerned about his history of drops, but if he keeps catching at least 65% of the passes that he can actually get his hands on, then I'll be really stoked.

5. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    That's why all the angst over that stat last week was wasted. I don't think it addresses catchability at all. That long overthrow would have counted against him in the stats.

6. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Yeah, the stat-compilers might have complained that he didn't dive for the ball. :lol:

7. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    Chris Chambers needs to catch with his hands more!!!

:lol::lol:

8. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I'm glad Directv put the game on in time for us to see the Chambers TD and I was really hoping he'd get one yesterday. :tup: :bolt:

9. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    did you miss part of the game? what was wrong with your directv?

10. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    We were blacked out in the Bay Area until the second qtr. See F++king Directv thread.

11. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Chris Chambers being on our team is not even fair. How are teams supposed to slow/stop our running game now? :p

12. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Chambers' trade brings added value - Chargers.com

13. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
  14. LinksterAC

LinksterAC BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    They aren't. See yesterday. Amazing how much breathing room Gates and LT had, isn't it?

15. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    They were stopping it before? If LT has been limited so far by Chambers' absence, I shudder at the consequences.

:lol:

16. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I quiver with excitement!!! :lol:

17. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    It is amazing how quickly a quality player can start to add value. I think Gates is going to love having Chris on the team.

One more game for him to fully warm up and then we hit the big boys lke the Colts Jags and Ravens in succession. This is the stretch we find out what we have here with this new addition.

Can they stack the box and get away with it or not?

18. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Chicago, New England. He averaged 1.5 and 2.4 ypc in those two games, which is what I would call stopping the run. Whatever factors might have been involved, we haven't faced a stout run defense since those teams. He also got only 2.8 ypc against the Packers.

19. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Exactly. Now if we can get VJ, Floyd and Davis in the mix the fun is REALLY going to start. Man, I love having a true No. 1 WR on this team. I think LT, Gates & Rivers are still smiling ear to ear!

20. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I think at least some of that is because the Texans sucked

21. LinksterAC

LinksterAC BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    3-4 is certainly better competition than 0-6 (especially when you consider that this crappy Houston team has played our division well, and gave the Colts and Titans a handful). Everyone was lauding the Patriots' dismantling of an abysmal Dolphin squad a couple weeks ago. Give your team some credit for this one.

22. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Exactly and this is a Texans team that rallied bigtime last week.