1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chambers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Retired Catholic, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I want to know if there is agreement on my opinion that returning time after time to Chambers, instead of using Malcom Floyd, may have cost us multiple opportunities. Floyd is the most underutilized guy on this roster and Chambers missed catching balls several times that Floyd most likely would have smothered.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    No. I do not agree.

If we return to the same players over and over and do not work in other people then the D only has to key on those we go to consistently.

You have to spread the ball, especially after a D as good as the one the Ravens have.

3. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Chambers dropped one pass unless I'm mistaken, and Floyd dropped a touchdown in the endzone as well. I think that the least of our worries is how our wideouts are utilized right now.

4. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    The reason we are so focused on our WR's is because we need them to climb out of the cellar. If we did not have to score 30 points every week to win then this would not be an issue.

5. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    What my thinking is here is that Chambers dropped only one that was in his hands, but was not in a position to catch several others that Floyd would have. The near touchdown where Chambers failed to adjust to the ball in the first half was a prime opportunity for someone like Floyd to catch. Chambers failed to adjust to the ball. It would have been in Malcolm's reach. It appears to me that Chambers was over matched in situations that Floyd would have had the edge, balls that Chambers failed to reach. We did, after all,go to chambers time and again.

6. SDKCFAN

SDKCFAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Yes, we need Floyd in there not Chambers. Don't know what has happened to Chambers in the last couple of years but between the dropped balls and the missed balls he is not playing well.

7. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Chambers is fine. Yeah he dropped a ball, but the guy is a veteran that can still make plays. Great thing about our receiving corp is that no one is the primary target and all of them will be utilized at one point.

8. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Especially because he's probably gone at the end of the year anyway now that VJ is establishing himself as a bona fide #1 receiver...

• Like Like x 1
  9. G-ForceSage

G-ForceSage BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Chambers will be heard from and be relevant. don't focus on the drops.

• Like Like x 1
  10. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I like Chambers, status quo with him.

11. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    WE NEED A RUNNING GAME!!!

:yes:

12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    He dropped one ball. I don't think that anyone would have gotten back to the tipped ball that you mention. Chambers has been a very good addition to the team & needs to stay in the mix this season. Next year he's likely gone.

Desperately. :unsure:

13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I'm good with Chambers as the complementary guy. His dropped pass pissed me off. But he'll come around.

14. oggieman

oggieman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    As a Fin fan, I can say without a doubt that Chambers is never going to be a legitimate 1 or 2 receiver. Overrated. just like Tedd Ginn.

15. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Seems to me he's done pretty well since he cam to a team with a real QB, not a revolving door of scrubs.

VJ is our #1. This will be CC's last year here.

16. oggieman

oggieman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    Then enjoy him. As for the scrubs throwing for Miami, if I am not mistaken Penny hasn't looked like a scrub playing the Bolts. But you do have a great QB in Rivers.

17. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Chambers is right where he needs to be. He's the perfect complement to VJ. He's made plenty of big plays for us, so we like him a lot.

Chad always finds a way to hurt us. He'll have a decent game this weekend.

I'll take Rivers throwing for a about 300, 3tds in a win.

30-27 will be the final score.

18. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'm going with the double ... 34-17. We'll see how hoarse
    I am after this Sunday.