1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Champ Bailey talks about LaDainian Tomlinson

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Denver cornerback Champ Bailey is always honest in his assessment. Thursday, he was asked by reporters in Denver about the resurgence former San Diego star running back LaDainian Tomlinson is enjoying in his first season with the Jets, who Denver hosts Sunday. This is what Bailey had to say:“I don’t think he really looks any different from when he was in San Diego. I think the difference is that his offensive line is just better. He’s playing behind probably the best offensive line in the game right now and that’s what makes you look good, really. Don’t get me wrong, he runs the ball just as well as anybody — or even better — but when you have a line like that it makes you look even better,” Bailey said.

To the defense of San Diego’s line, the run game is much better without Tomlinson. It was ranked 31st in the NFL last year and is now ranked No.12 on the ground.

2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Chump should keep talking that trash. Any objective person who looks at film of LT running this year and LT running last year can see that he is clearly healthier this season. Last year he was struggling to get untracked. He had neither the burst nor the ability to make tacklers miss. He's obviously healthier this year. The biggest question is whether he can remain healthy for the entire season.

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    He is also lighter this year from working with a new trainer in the offseason and he's playing with a massive chip on his shoulder.

4. SDKCFAN

SDKCFAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Doesn't matter because to the public LT is winning and SD is not.

• Like Like x 1
  5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Tomlinson is still a good back and he's doing his job. He just wanted out of San Diego and squawked off till he got his way.

6. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I agree with Champ for the most part. Although LT does look quicker to me. A good O line can make all the difference.

7. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    My guess would be, Champ has seen more film than anyone on this board

8. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Maybe in SD. But nationally, many people agree with Champ

9. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Wait until it gets cold out, his ankle hurts, and his team needs him.

He'll be riding a bike.

10. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Very possible. But in that case, they have a quality backup, something the Chargers haven't had since Turner was allowed to walk with no compensation

11. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Sorry, but it doesn't take coach's tape to say that LT is running differently than last year. Is the Jets 2010 o-line better than last year's Chargers o-line? Absolutely. But that was not the only problem. Whether it's his new training regiment or just being healthier this year, LT is playing better than he did in 2008 or 2009.

12. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I totally agree that LT didn't put out 110% effort like he did in years past, and never have said he wasn't part of the problem. But I am also not absolved the line or Norv's play calling as part of the reason either. All 3 were a problem and it was like the perfect storm that resulted in a terrible rushing offense

13. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Complainian does look much better this year. For whatever reason he is getting it done. Too bad he couldn't play for us like that.

Anyone who says he doesn't look really good right now is just butthurt.

14. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    I haven't watched every Jets game, but from what I did see, LT is running through some HUGH holes. I did not see many holes of that size from our OL last year, just saying. I agree with the opinion that it's a combination of the OL, better health and extra motivation.

15. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Fu*k Denver

16. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375

Ryan Mathews? L.T is doing great with the Jets give him his props. Don't be such a hater.

17. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    i got out of what bailey said as our rb's we have now are better than tomlinson. Both matthews and tolbert. Which makes one wonder how good they'd be behind a o-line like the jits who is allowed to hold all the time by the refs. Much like the pats o-line is always given leeway as well.

18. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    The thing that LT is avoiding this year that he had patented in the previous two years is that awkward face first fall to the ground at the line of scrimmage. A lot of the tape is hard to grade offensive line wise because he fell flat so many times and his timing was off horribly. I will definitely agree the guy is burning whats left in his tank much hotter than he did the last two, and good for him if it keeps up. Just wonder why he didn't make the most of his touches for us last two years.

19. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Lo Neal said he and Marty had a father/son type relationship. I don't think he has really been happy or ever bought into Norv's system, since the day Norv was hired. It was time for he and the team to go there separate ways. I just wish it wouldn't have ended a mess like it did, and it was both sides fault

20. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    That's not true. Neal and L.T both had good seasons in 2007 it was once that System was in place and developed (2008) that Neal "Bolted"(Pun intended) But what can you say all we had to do was keep Marty but we didn't............with Marty here we would have.......ahhh what does it matter now Marty aint coming back.

21. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Who's hating? I agree with everything Champ said.

22. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I'll always be a LT fan. I supported him for years and am happy for his success (even though I just HATE the Jets) BUT we have a young stud in Ryan Mathews and he showed you a little sample of how good he can be. He's only a rookie and is only gonna get better. He's just gotta stay healthy and it has been an issue in college. Mathews will be a stud, we just gotta be patient and give him the rock. Having McNeil back will help a lot too.