1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Charger Dave

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sdbound, Jul 28, 2007.

1. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Is it true, "#16 will be retired alongside #14 in San Diego!" - my words to Dan Fouts, 9-5-98???

2. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Well - you "could" have said that to him the day before the season opener of 98 - there were a whole bunch of us fooled for a short period back then. We just wanted to believe in that kid so badly the blinders were on I guess. But we should have known from the incident with the fan during training camp (remember our Rook QB had to be restrained by Security), that something was terribly, terribly wrong with our new QB.

If memory serves me - even Dan was drinking the koolaid back then?
    To be truthful - that is not a year I like to take my memory back to very often - we went 5-11 and finished last in the AFC West.:icon_sad: