1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Charger Domination!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Sep 17, 2006.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Tenn 7 SD 40!!!!

I was disapointed they scored with 3 minuets left against our backup D.

What did u guys think about the game??!!

I was shocked by Rivers 35 passes!!! :tup: :icon_toast: :icon_party:

SuperBowl XLI here we come baby!!!

2. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    Pinch me I'm clearly dreaming!!!!

God bless the un-cuffing of Rivers...we ARE SB Bound!!!

3. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Great game by the whole team. Rivers missed a few open receivers, but that can be fixed. LT is the man, and Turner is a tank! The next 2 games will tell us if this team is a contender or a pretender. Go Chargers!!

4. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Perfect time for the bye week!!! Time to prep for Baltimores great D

5. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Brees doesn't have the arm to overthrow WR's.

He also is usually too busy fumbling and throwing INT's .... like today.

6. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    There were also some big drops, like Gates in the endzone. I was pissed about that.

Rivers needs to calm down though, I dont think our recievers are used to a QB with a good arm.

7. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    You have to give alot of credit to the coaching staff. Cam Cameron called a great offensive game, and kept the Titans defense off balanced all game. No one thought that Rivers would air it out 35 times. If he connected on those over throws, we would have scored 58 or 63 points.

The defense was dominating, through 3 qtrs. The 4th qtr was just garbage time. We had 0 sacks, but got 2 picks. We need to to keep this momentum going through the bye week.

8. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    I am giving rivers a little time myself. He did have a shakey day today, his throws were a bit off and his foot work was a bit sloppy in the first half. I like his calmness though, I think he just got excited, same with LT cause gates was wide open.

With brees, he had enough time to know better but he kept doing it each year, Rivers has not shown this to be a pattern or a norm for him

9. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    That was one of the knocks on him out of NC State, he has "happy feet"
    Just needs to chill.

10. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Did anyone get injured today??? I didnt see.

11. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Happy with the performance today. Offense was steady and defensive pressure was constant, if not stifling. Rivers did overthrow some open receivers, but I don’t think that should be too surprising at this stage in his development. Did you notice the linebackers staying home for much of the game? We traded sacks for a stingier pass defense… they just dared Collins to put it in the air. It may seem petty, but I was bummed that they let them score at the end. Back-to-back shutouts would have gotten us some additional national pub, which we are sadly lacking at the moment. Also, did you notice the crappy showings from Denver and KC? If we can just split with them, I really think we are playoffs-bound. Let’s keep the momentum going.

12. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    I saw on TV during the game that our defense was the 1st to hold opponents scoreless for the 1st 7 quarters since the Raiders did it back in the late 70's or so. :tup:

13. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    The thing that made me happiest was that, yes, Rivers did overthrow a couple guys on deep routes, but he still made the right decision on who to throw the ball to. I know that may seem like putting the cart before the horse, but to me the first sign that a young QB is "getting it" is if he's consistently finding the open man. Rivers did that today. He needs to put just a touch more loft on his deep throws and he'll be fine, IMO.

14. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Bummer, but one mans loss is another mans gain.

Its VJack Time!!!

15. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Thats great news, i hope Igor is back too, ive been watchin him since he played for Oregon a few years ago.

So it sounds like we stayed relatively healthy, that will be the key to this season i think.

16. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    DAMN SKIPPY ELDWIN!!!

I like that we have a bye to prep for Baltimore, but i hate waiting 14 days between games. Im already really anxious man!!

17. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    Yah but don't think VJ would have the Vet skills to fake a throw to juke the crap out of the Titan Safety who was covering him on the end around.

18. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    yeah another Chargers win:tup: :tup:

This time it was better because Marty let Rivers pass the ball. I know that he did overthrow his recievers on some occasions but i think he did well:bolt:

LT was at his usual best and "Burner" Turner broke that 27yd run and our D was just awesome. Shame we played our Backup D right near the end and conceded a TD but another win now we've got 2 weeks to prepare for the Ravens D

GO BOLTS:bolt: :bolt:

19. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I think Parker could take over pretty well for McCardell, but your right. We need to be deep in every offensive position to win against Balitimore.

20. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Heck even LT was over throwing people today.

21. smoothk

smoothk BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    HOLD ON Baby, HOLD ON. It's good to be happy about our start, but let's not get carried away. To use a college analogy we're a top 3 team, that has played a couple division 2 with no seniors. So as I celebrate these 2 victories I also hold back knowing a victory over the next opponent (RAVENS) will truly let us know what kind of team we truly have.

22. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I just gotta say, i know Tennesee and Oakland are bad. But they are still professionals. And the only reason they approached the endzone today was because our backup D was in.

Neither have a bad passing game either, and they were shut down. And we always shut down the run. Thats a formula for playoff defense.

23. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    If we were an average team, we would beat Oakland something like 20-9, and Tennessee 27-13, or thereabouts.

But we dominated both of them to the point where their fans are literally humiliated and are talking about how pretty much every part of their team sucks.

That's what good teams do to bad teams. We're a good team. Are we great?

It all hinges on PR, IMO. Everything else on this team is solid...PR needs to keep making good decisions and managing games. If he does, yes I think this could be a great team.

24. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556

We are this close to being great, Rivers needs to calm down those throws a little bit.
    But hes been known for his good accuracy so Im sure hell bounce back.(Bye week will help big time)

But I could tell you what is wrong with his overthrows, It looked like all mechanics to me, i know hes got a weird throwing syle but you cant throw off balance! He had too much back lean which makes the ball fly.

25. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    :bolt: In this beginning part of the year it is looking like this might be the Chargers year to go all the way to the Big Super Bowl then to the Lombardi Trophy hoisting San Diego Chargers.:bolt: