1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Charger Superhero and 14fouts welcome to the Hot Seat

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by Mr. D™, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings:
    +24
    first and for most I am bringing this hear due to my replies I got to that thread lol.

I have met Turtle in person and he's a cool dude so I will respect his wishes and I'm sure other charger fans here that I like and keep my smack talk which is what it's turning into, in this smack section.

I hope that answers your attempt at belittling my Bengals

I Suppose that you just haven't paid much attention to the Bengals season then if you think that was there best game they have had all year

Benson over a thousand yards, three games in a row with a different Running back hitting over 100 yards NFL Record

don't forget a Chicago blow out, not to mention Sweeping the Entire AFC North itself, as I said earlier the only bad games I seen us play were against, The Broncos, Raiders, and Vikings.

The Bengals and Chargers are both great teams imo, I love your guys' confidence in your teams no doubt but I will not sit here and say if we meet again that the Bengals is a sure win over the Chargers. but doesn't mean they can't beat them.

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Hope to see your Bengals again. :yes:

Same place, same result. :icon_toast:

3. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Let's see, Chargers 10 wins in a row. Bengals 2 losses in a row, can't seem to clinch their division.

Chargers 18 straight wins in December (NFL record)

I'm not looking at the past 2 Chargers games, as you indicated, only how Cincinnati has chocked in December trying to clinch.

You played us hard, and came up short, but you also played hard and came up short to the Raiders, because of Caldwell's fumble. :icon_rofl:

If, and I mean IF you win your division somehow in the next 2 games, you won't make it out of the first round, and if you do, you'll be playing the Colts.

4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,867
    Cincy will win their division.

They won't lose to Kansas City. :lol:

5. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    Chargers Superhero and 14fouts welcome to the Hot Seat

Most likely, but Cincinnati is in our rear view mirrors, some people who started this thread can't let it go.

I stumbled across this thread by accident seeing my name in the header.

6. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,867

He's a passionate Bengals fan. What can you say?

7. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432

He's not as smart as his brother. :icon_rofl:

8. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings:
    +24
    no if's about it man, the Chiefs made Jerome Harrison look like Walter Peyton, what do you think Benson and LJ look like,

we will either be playing the Broncos which I don't think they will make it into the playoffs, but if the playoffs were to come right now the Bengals will be facing the Ravens for a 3rd time, I wonder how the other two times ended lol.

Colts are really the only team I fear in the playoffs hence why I'm hoping for a patriot loss so the Bengals can get up to the 3rd Seed.

no no some people who started this thread can't seem to care about how someone else seems to belittle a team that has proven that they are for real, that they are a threat to the Chargers. but continue looking down and looking past us, I'm sure hope your chargers don't do the same, because if they do they won't survive.

9. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117

What I can say, is that he should worry about Kansas City, not about us beating his team. Bengals need to get a win to win their division. They've chocked 2 weeks in a row.

10. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,867

The Bengals don't need to worry about Kansas City.

You're talking about the same team that let Cleveland score 41 on them in their own home. :lol:

11. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    Nobody is belittling the Bengals, they are the 3rd best team in the AFC. We are simply better, and have been for the last 4 years. That's the facts.

As far as Palmer outplaying Rivers, well let's see:

Palmer 27-40 314 yards 2 td's 1 int 97.3 rating=Bengals Loss
    Rivers 24-38 308 yards 3 td's 2 int's 92.9 rating=Chargers Win

I'll take Rivers' 3 td's, game winning clutch drive, and the WIN over Palmers 6 more passing yards, one LESS td, and the LOSS.

McNabb passed for over 400 yards against us, because they couldn't run, and we still won 31-23. So by that McNabb outplayed Rivers by your standards.

No point debating the Bengals game anymore than the Eagles game from a month ago. Both teams are in the Chargers rear view mirror, let it go, concentrate on KC this week, and hope they don't choke again for the 3rd straight week trying to win the AFC North.

You make it past the first round, and play us, then we can talk again. But I'm not going to further a debate on past teams we already took care of.

For a run first team, that tries to do "clock management" to manage the game, Palmer sure has a LOW QB rating in the low 80's. That should be better

12. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings:
    +24
    you keep belittling my Bengals then I'll keep coming back. you act as if My Bengals are much worse than your chargers.

The team that took the Chargers to 8 seconds to finally beat them, the team in spite of a fumble would have beaten your chargers.

a team that has a QB that doesn't throw more Interceptions then his opponents.

McNabb did out play rivers, but it takes more then one person to win a game. the simple fact that you keep acting as if we wouldn't have a chance at beating your chargers, and that the game was close cause you claimed your team allowed it to be close.

that's the only matter I'm talking about, don't worry we will get the AFC North title tomorrow and then go onto beat The Jets, and the first opponent in Round 1.

13. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,867
    McNabb didn't outplay Rivers. The Eagles just forgot they had a running back on their team.

14. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings:
    +24
    so your point being is that he did not pass that many yards?

you think if they passed that much the defense would have gotten used to the play calling and done something to fix that problem instead of the ball getting tossed over their heads into the eagles recievers

15. 14fouts

14fouts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Dude u need to share some of that **** your smoking cuz it must be good :lol:

16. 14fouts

14fouts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Dude dont tell me your one of those guys who thinks better stats means a guy outplayed another or team. McNabb outplayed Rivers? Really? The chargers were in control the whole game including 28-9 in the 4th qtr. He had a lot of garbage yds in 4th qtr when game was pretty much over. Yea he passed for 450 yds on 55 pass att. Who throws that many passes in a nfl game? Usually a team that loses. He had 2 tds and 1 int. While Rivers had 231 yds on only 25 pass att and completed 20- 80%. He also had 2 tds but no ints. And u honestly think he got outplayed by McNabb?? Your an idiot. Isnt there a bengals fan site you can go to so we do have to read your idiotic quotes and opinions anymore?? :no:

17. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings:
    +24
    really now. so I guess you think one man wins it for a team

just because one man out plays another one does not mean his team will win the game, never said he out played your team

who passes that many passes in an NFL game? someone that his coach trust more than they trust their run game against the opponent that's who.

lets see, your a coach of a team. your run game doesn't seem to work but your pass game is working, which one do you go to for the win. your pass game simple enough, The Chargers just happen to have some what of a run game as well as a pass game to help them beat the eagles

But I regress, your buddy did not fully display what McNabb did in that game

yes both Rivers and McNabb have 2 TD's that game, McNabb had better yards that game, no matter if he passes it more, but the problem with McNabb he also missed more his % was down, and had an interception that game. I was going by what your buddy told me. he only mentioned the yards.

so even though I do say one man can out play another without his team actually winning the game. it didn't happen even on this game between the Eagles and the Chargers.

so I have to go back to CS

No McNabb is not by my own standards because you see

McNabb 55/35 Att/Comp - 450 Yrds - 63.6 Pct - 2 TD's - 1 Int 93.7 QB Rating
    Rivers 25/20 Att/Comp - 231 Yrds - 80 Pct - 2 TD's - 0 Int 131.8 QB Rating

but the difference between McNabb and Palmer is

Palmer 40/27 Att/Comp - 314 Yrds - 67.5 Pct - 2 TD's - 1 Int 97.3 QB Rating
    Rivers 38/24 Att/Comp - 308 Yrds - 63.2 Pct - 3 TD's - 2 Int 92.9 QB Rating

18. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    Look, we are better. 12-3 beats 9-5 every day. Add the fact we beat your team adds to that. You are what your record says you are. Better home team, better road team.

Our we ALOT better. In some ways we are better, in some ways the Bengals are better. Overall we have the edge being better.

As I said the Bengals are the 3rd best team in the AFC right now. We find ways to win, the Bengals find ways to lose. Just a fact this season.

Also Mcnabb in no way outplayed Rivers. Check the stats.

Rivers 20-25 231 2 TD's ZERO int's 131.8 passer rating WIN
    McNabb 35-55 450 2 TD's 1 int 93.8 passer rating LOSS

I'll take the more efficient stats AND the win. If you had seen that game you would know Philly abandoned the run, and had to play catch up being down 2 scores late. McNabb had to pass. Our defense is set up to give up yards, but not scores.

Know your facts dude. You should worry about the Jets, and Chiefs, not someone who already beat you.

19. 14fouts

14fouts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    And no palmer did not outplay rivers- Rivers made the big throws on last possession that lead to game-winning field goal with no timeouts. Rivers should have had 1 int and palmer 2 which woulda made rivers qb rating slighly better. Chargers had blatened dropped int in endzone that gave bengals 3 pts and gates let ball go right through his hands that led to int. I thought they played pretty even but u have to give Rivers a slight edge. I mean come on even if I was a bengals fan I would still say that.

20. 14fouts

14fouts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    And I was just replying to your comment that McNabb outplayed Rivers- I never said one man wins a game for a team. And you dont think it matters that McNabb threw 30 more passes than Rivers???- of course hes gonnna throw for more yds. Are you serious???[/B]

21. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings:
    +24
    First off I get into more detail if needed when I get home.

CHero - read my entire post before replying, I agreed with McNabb not outplaying Rivers after I read more stats that you replied with.

Second for now I can agree the Chargers are just a bit better than the Bengals, but no matter what you believe that doesn't mean that they are a for sure win over The Bengals.

If a 12-3 team always beat 9-5

by that reasoning The Bengals beat The Raiders

now for

fouts - as to you not claiming one man can win it for a team, not in so many words but you still did that when you hosted that he didn't outplayed him cause they lost to the chargers.

And I would give the edge to Palmer, more details on this when I get home though

22. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings:
    +24
    Soooo that would mean 13-2 team would beat a 3-12 team every day as well right?

Tampa Bay vs New Orleans
    Tampa Bay 20

New Orleans 17

what do you have to say on this?

23. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    For crying out loud, a 12-3 team is better than a 9-5 team because the 12-3 team has 3 MORE WINS. YOU ARE WHAT YOUR RECORD SAYS YOU ARE.
    Any team can upset another team (Bucs over Saints, Jets over Colts) But you are judged by your record. I never said a 9-5 team couldn't beat a team with a better record.
    But I'm going to rank a 9-5 team (Now 10-5) LOWER than a 12-3 team, or a 13-2 team, or a 14-1 team. Bengals are NOT better than the Colts, Chargers, Saints, Vikings, or Eagles right now. I have them currently "tied" with the Patriots, why, they are both 10-5 in the AFC.
    Basic math dude.:icon_tease: Enjoy your AFC North title, (they almost choked again, :icon_rofl:)

24. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,867
    Yeah. Those silly Bungles almost placed a boat on chocks again! :icon_huh::lol:

25. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    I fixed it smart ***. :icon_rofl:

26. 14fouts

14fouts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Yea just goes to show u they played a lil over their heads last week- I hope we play them again in playoffs- they have a good enough def though where they can probably still keep it respectable. :tup:

27. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings:
    +24
    *cough*

unless you think they can beat a team with a better record without beating them then your just going against what you said in the first place

Best hope the Chargers don't face the Bengals again, it may be a different result

28. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings:
    +24
    actually we seem to play better against the good teams play at the level of the crappy teams

29. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,867
    Yeah. The Chargers will win by 10 this time. :bolt:

30. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings:
    +24
    fixed it for you