1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Charger1993 Final mock draft.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by charger1993, Apr 22, 2012.

1. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +121
    Ok bolt Talk fans, its four days before the draft and this is my final mock draft. So lets get it started

1. Nick Perry OLB, USC- Perry was a collegiate star at USC, Plays with a high motor and great intensity, Can sometimes have stiff hips but does posses great hands to fight off blocks. If he emerges in the NFL like he played in college he could have Merriman Potential. He is the best Pass rusher in the draft.

2. Janoris Jenkins CB, North Alabama- Jenkins is a tremendous cover corner who has character concerns which is why he falls into the 2nd. But with Jenkins name in danger he seems sorry and more mature in the interviews he has done. The reason i put him here instead of Harrison Smith is Marcus Gilchrist could be moved to safety and shine. Many people argue that the pass rush isnt there. But if you watch tape neither is the secondary. A great secondary can lead to coverage sacks.

3. Ladaurius Green TE ,Louisiana Lafayette- With Gates Declining due to injuries its time we look for his replacement. Green is a big receiver with great hands. He is also big enough to be a blocker on certain situations. Long story short he's a Vincent Jackson at TE.

4. Antonio Allen SS, South Carolina- Allen has been a very productive starter at South Carolina, Built very similar to smiths mold. He also provides the ability to cover TE's and play zone if needed. He will have to work on his Man skills. But has the ability to be a great player for our team

5. Terrance Ganaway RB, Baylor- Ganaway isnt a allstar back, he's not gonna put the team on his back. But he is 6 ft and 239 pounds he could be a bruising back giving us a back field where leach could block, followed by ganaway with mathews with the ball. We could run the full house if needed. Overall i like him cause the options he gives us on offence.

6.Vontaze Burfict ILB, Arizona State- Another trouble player in this draft??? Burfict did have a piss poor combine, and did show some immature moments on the football field. But this guy is a very physical player who could come in to the NFL and dominate with the right mentor. Spikes could be a great mentor to this kid. And hey if he pans out this could be ray lewis 2.0

7. Dale moss WR, South Dakota State- Moss isnt a huge receiver being only 6 ft 1. But he could be a Yac monster for us. I mostly put him here just for depth. I believe most of the wr's we signed are gonna be cut and wont last past camp.

7. Kellen Moore QB, Boise State- Moore is a QB who knows how to win, Will he be a starter in the NFL .. No but will Clipboard jesus be one to? no but the fact is Moore knows how to win. And if rivers goes down i rather have Moore in driving than Whitehurst.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
  3. charger1993

Ratings:
    +121
    ????? huh

4. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    I think he's trying to say nobody's perfect

5. charger1993

Ratings:
    +121
    lol once he posted the link i got it, at first i just thought he got real excited and had a typo lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    or really really drunk hahaha

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. charger1993

Ratings:
    +121
    anyway what you think about the draft?

8. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    I really like it

Perry in the 1st is what I'm leaning towards also

Jenkins if he falls to to us in the second, I think we would have to take him. Although I don't like troublesome players BPA would be a must at this spot, Although its being reported that one team is saying they rate Boykin higher than Jenkins, wouldn't be shocked if that was AJ hahaha

I really like Green, Although Im not sure if we're going to grab a tight end with having 5 on the roster, out of all the Tight Ends in this draft Green is my favorite

I also Really like the Allen, Burfict and Clemmens pick as well. We need a back up RB but not enough to use anything more than a 5th IMO which is a great spot to grab a guy like Gannaway

one thing I must add even though we are stacked at WR, this being such a deep class we'd almost be foolish not to grab one,

Floyd is more than gone after this year (Im a fan of him so it does hurt to say that) Meachem, Brown and Royal are a nice set but we would need another guy in the mix Marvin Jones?

Fast: running 4.46
    strong: 22 reps at 225
    Shown he can catch anything within his reach and not saying he will have the same career but many scouts are saying based off smooth routes and and ability to make outstanding catches in a wide radius he's being compared to Chad Johnson (Ochocinco) I would love to use a pick on a guy with that potential even if we are stacked

9. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    I like Perry so im good with him there.
    Jenkins...i dont know, good player so i wont complain but charactor? Is he an AJ type?
    Dont think we go TE that early so it wouldnt hurt my feelings but in round three, id like to see who else is on the board.
    Dont see why we would go SS in round 4. We arent going to get a better player than what we have already and you moved Gilchrist to safety and this safety class isnt good . I would refrain from safeties after Smith.
    Absolutely dont want Burfect and im not a fan of drafting a 3rd string QB. We can get those anyplace and Moore could go undrafted. He was good at Boise st but something about him says "not an NFL QB" to me.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,642
    Jenkins is a wanna be Cromartie with maybe more talent
    Burfict is just a putz and a diva
    Perry, I really wonder if the old adage of "looks like Tarzan plays like jane" applies
    Allen is raw at safety because he played this weird hybrid LB/S position

Just don't think this is a group that could contribute much

11. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,073
    Cro's more talented (if we're going off physical gifts than Jenkins is - and it's not even close) the problem is he never really applied himself and has always been content to coast on his athletic gifts. Jenkins is more technically sound than Cro is, but he'll freaking need to be given that he's undersized (5'9") with mediocre arm length for the position.

The dude is also just a flat out moron in terms of failing at life. Character concerns are one thing, this guy has just shown time and time again that he flatly doesn't care what the rules say he's allowed to do and not allowed to do - he's going to do what he wants. I wouldn't invest anything higher than a 4th at best in him - why? Because you can get guys with perhaps a bit less pure ability but who will actually give two craps and be willing to put in the time to improve themselves and help their team in the 2nd and 3rd. Feel free to quote me on this and hold it over my head if I turn out to be wrong, but I'm confident Jenkins doesn't last through his entire rookie contract before being suspended at least once by the league and possibly in discussion as a long-term ban candidate.

I don't see the point in drafting a CB to shift Gilchrist to SS... and then draft another SS immediately after. We do have veteran depth to cover Gilchrist at the safety position - if he fails to take he goes back to CB and we're in effectively the same position next year just with a far superior and much deeper safety class to draft from. If anything, draft multiple CB's because we'll have released one (Hughes), moved one to a different position (Gilchrist), yet to see any significant returns from another (Wright), and have two more verging on the end of their contracts (Jammer, Cason). But again... deep class, unless we're getting a guy with an really great combination of both ceiling and floor, why are we wasting early picks on the position for just guys with good potential but not a lot of early outlay outside of ST?

Unless Ganaway's put in MAJOR strides this offseason in terms of his pass-catching and route-running the guy is practice squad fodder in the 1st round for this team because he wouldn't beat out either Boonah or Hester in camp and doesn't present enough on ST to merit a gameday active spot. I truly don't get why it is that people keep trying to go and look for the prospect that just physically fits the mold of the guy that we lost in FA (this time around it's Tolbert, but previously it was the same thing when we lost Sproles) and assume that that guy can or will do the same thing. Guys like Robert Turbin, Cyrus Gray, Tauren Poole all offer more if we're actually intent on drafting an RB. But if the guy doesn't have the requisite polish to press his way onto the roster as a rookie or the kind of dynamic potential that sets him apart from most of the rest of the class, what exactly is the point of using a draft pick on him when you can get someone with just as much ceiling and in need of the same refinement in the 7th round or UDFA?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +179
    if the real draft played out this way id be beyond ecstatic.. too bad AJ would never pass over harrison smith for janoris jenkins even though 31/31 other gm's in the league probably would :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +636
    Love it, but I'd have to make a few changes to it.

2.) Janoris Jenkins probably won't fall to us at 49. I also don't believe Harrison Smith falls to us either at 49. So I think we'll go DE/DT and surprise everyone really. Kendall Reyes is a guy that comes to mind here. He could be a 3 tech and is pretty versatile guy. Good speed rush and even better bull rush. Garay and Castillo both signed 1-2 year deals so their replacement is in the wings right here. Raw prospect.

3.) Can't see us taking a TE this early especially with so many on the roster right now. I want Green as bad as you do, but our bias opinion of him will most likely not be the Chargers selection. First offensive selection I believe will be added depth and a future star at OL. Brandon Brooks I believe will be taken here. Had an excellent week at the shrine games and also a impressive pro day. Showed off strength and athleticism.

5.) I think Burfict will go in the 7th. Lot of rumors saying he would undrafted after a terrible combine and even worse pro days. I think if a few character players like TKO and Jarret Johnson can strap this kids helmet on tight I think we have a lethal 3 ILB combo in the future with Butler, Burfict, and Mouton. Mouton I see as a Stephen Cooper type role. I want to think we'll go RB here as well, but I believe this is where we'll make that TE selection and it will be Evan Rodriguez.

7.) I would really like to see us take a WR this year, but I just don't see the need for it as we signed 4 receivers and still have 3 others active from last year's roster adding another one might be a stretch. I see us going RB here and taking Lance Dunbar.

7.) Why waste a pick here on Kellen Moore? Only problem I have here in your draft. No arm strength, no size, yes he does win, IN COLLEGE. But this is where I think Vontaze Burfict will be taken. If not look for Korey Williams.