1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers’ title chances riding on recovery of offensive stars

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, May 17, 2008.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Interesting profile of the Chargers. It comes from the Kansas City Star. What do you guys think?

• Like Like x 1
  2. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    thanks Thump, I'm glad to see the fear of the BOLT in our opponents. When healthy this team will kick your ***, nuff said.

3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    We're taking it all this year. Our guys know that we would have won it all last year but for injuries. :yes:

Healthy Bolts club = Lombardi :abq2: :abq1:

I can SMELL the fear in our opponents already!!! :tup:

4. Steve

Steve BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    I think one of the things last year showed from that game (and Indy) was that we are a pretty good team even without the stars. If the execution of the O was just a bit better, we could have easily beaten NE. A few plays here and there. When you consider how young the team is, some of the improvement needed may just come from young players improving as they go through the natural development.

Our best chance to win it all is to get everyone back and be healthy. But even if one or more of them is hurt, I don't think we are eliminated, it will just be a little harder. I don't think it is unrealistic at all.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    We will need our #1 people healthy for a successful run at the Lombardi. We can take the division with out them, even win a playoff game or even two, but we will need Gates, Rivers and LT in good form and it appears that's just what we're going to get when the seasons opens. We have enough depth to let Hardwick recover completely.

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'm a bit worried about not having Hardwick healthy. We fell off quite a bit last year when he wasn't in the lineup & the depth at center hasn't changed. Hopefully he'll be fully recovered for the season but, if not, we need to look around for a viable sub.

7. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    P88f for life!

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Can he snap the ball & open holes for LT??

If not - cut him!! :icon_tease:

9. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    They'll have a read on Hardwick in training camp. The extra work for the projected sub will probably improve the performance of whoever is groomed. They appear to have also drawn a bead on Jeremy Newberry, who, if healthy, would be a quality sub. He appears to be recovered from his injuries.