1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers activate Marcus McNeill

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

Posted by Mike Florio on October 11, 2010 5:57 PM ET

The silver lining in Sunday's Black Hole debacle for the Chargers is that, after the game ended, left tackle Marcus McNeill become eligible for addition to the active roster.

The team announced earlier today that McNeill has been activated. The Chargers also cut cornerback Fred Bennett and safety C.J. Spillman.

McNeill signed his restricted free agency tender on September 25. Because the team had placed him on the roster exempt list, he was required to sit out three games.

The 2-3 Chargers are in a three-way tie for second, third, and last place in the AFC West.

2. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Best news this week, so far

3. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    hopefully Dombrowski replaces Clary sooner rather than later

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Couldn't come soon enough

Look for Dombo to replace Clary at the BYE week, too difficult in a game week

5. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Can he play special teams?

6. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
  7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Lose to the Rams with Marcus back will result in the implosion of the whole universe.

8. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Yeah, we'll still rank near bottom in QB protection this season.

9. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,732
    Didn't the same sort of stuff happen with Fouts during his glory days?

10. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Too young to know. Maybe, I should add that it doesn't matter. Hell, Rivers is manhandling the league with ease despite the poor protection. Maybe it's actually good for him. Who knows? All I'm pointing out is that Marcus McNeil is not some type of perfect fix that will end all of the offensive line's woes. It'll be better, but not much.

11. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Left tackle plan

Brandyn Dombrowski took more reps at left tackle with the first team Wednesday than Marcus McNeill did, and the two could share time Sunday in St. Louis.
    “I have a long way to go,” said McNeill, who was added to the roster Monday and is eligible to play for the first time after serving his three games on the Roster Exempt List following his holdout. “I want to make sure that my footwork, all my technique is completely salvageable before I step out onto the field. It wouldn’t be nothing worse than for me to get out there unprepared and unready and trying to be protecting (Philip River’s) blindside. Can’t have that. Me and Dombrowski are definitely going to go back and forth on everything to make sure that everything is right before I get a chance to step back into that starting position.”
    McNeill is in good shape and has gotten extra work in practice.
    “He got some real good attention,” Turner said. “We had some extra pass rush periods with him, one-on-one stuff to help him, and we will see as the week goes on if we feel he is ready to go and do it.”

12. tunaman

tunaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Hope something good comes our way...