1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers add Hadnot

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,405
    Chargers sign Hadnot
    Posted by Mike Florio on April 30, 2012, 9:06 PM EDT

The Chargers officially have announced the arrival of 21 undrafted free agents. They’ve also signed one veteran: offensive lineman Rex Hadnot.

Hadnot, an eight-year veteran, started 16 games for the Cardinals in 2011. He previously played for the Browns and Dolphins.

In San Diego, Hadnot will join a group of guards that includes Louis Vasquez,Tyronne Green, Brandyn Dombrowski, and rookie fifth-rounder Johnnie Troutman. The Chargers lost Kris Dielman to retirement, who had a seizure after suffering a concussion against the Jets.

2. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    Maybe they have Schilling switching over to tackle

3. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    I think Troutman will land on the PS. I'm sure he's not 100 % after his surgery, will miss conditioning, which he needs, and just won't be on track this year. Schilling will be a significant back up to Green.. He played great in his two games last year for a 6th round pick..

4. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    Yeah they're saying he will likely miss the season, so maybe we can PUP him so he can still sit in on meetings, Im pretty sure PUP doesn't take a roster spot

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    The question is whether Hadnot is better than Schilling/Dombo/Mrzucowski
    Ironically with moving Dombo inside, we are now very very light at tackle. So maybe they will move Schilling outside unless we can find a better FA option at tackle

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    So this is more HAS than HADNOT?

7. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    Who said were moving Dombro inside?

8. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    They did when it was announced Green was starting LG they said Dombrowski is moving back to his natural position and may compete for the job

Chargers offensive lineman Brandyn Dmobrowski has been the team's reserve tackle the past few seasons, but in actuality he's a jack of all trades.
    The move outside in 2009 was a new one for Dombrowski, who played right and left guard in college and for a spell in 2009 after spending the offseason on the outside.
    Now he's moving back there. The restricted free agent, given the lowest possible tender but expected to resign with the team, will focus on playing guard this offseason. The move was first reported on the team's website.
    The move was made to add depth to the position following the retirement of All-Pro Kris Dielman, and Dombrowski will be thrown in the mix behind expected starter Tyronne Green.
    Dombrowski has 15 starts in three seasons as a tackle, but he struggled there a times with speedy outside rushers. The move inside could help establish carve a niche in the team as opposed to playing tackle, where Jared Gaither and Jeromey Clary are established starters and the team is looking for a considerable upgrade.

9. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    I don't think they'll move him back inside. Schilling is a guard, he'll play behind Green. Hadnot will play behind Vasquez and Dombro and Henderson are backing up Gaither and Clary.. atleast thats how i see it..

Atleast all our guys are versatile

10. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    Im hoping they do, I'd like to see Schilling play and maybe eventually replace Clary at RT, Dombo IMO will be better a guard

11. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    Yeah, well then I guess it would go something like this..

LT: Gaither, Schilling
    LG: Green, Dombro, Baxter*
    C: Hardwick, Molk, Baxter*
    RG: Vasquez, Hadnot
    RT: Clary, Henderson

Baxter actually played LG a lot at Arizona in college before switching to center..

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    Looks good to me would look better like..............

RT: Schilling,Clary ;)

13. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,405
    Agreed...... Henderson will be behind Gaither.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,153
    Though I totally had not seen Rex's addition coming, I really welcome the O-line depth.

15. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    Some might say they "Hadnot" seen this coming :giggle:

I know corniest post of the year

16. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    On DotCom, Schilling is listed as a tackle and Dombro as a guard on the roster page. I'd say that's a pretty good indication (about as close to the horse's mouth as any of us are going to get) of what the intentions are right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +502
    I reckon Dombo will at best be a G, I can see him struggling to make the roster tbh. He took a few steps backwards last yr for me and showed how he will never be a T at this level. He's a brawler who will do better in traffic but he won't beat out Green. Like many I've seen v little of Schilling. If he can be a T great but I thought when he was drafted he was being seen as a G. I can see us bringing in another vet T, because Henderson might be our only realy alternative behind Gaither and Clary and that does not inspire confidence.

18. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    that will never happen lol I wish..

Is Henderson a LT? Some reason thought he was a RT..

19. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,405
    Does this answer your question?....... ;)

Henderson was selected by the Raiders in the 3rd round of the 2007 draft. In his second year, he started several games at left tackle in place of injured veteran Kwame Harris, and was the Raiders' full-time left tackle in 2009.

20. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,378
    I think this bloke is related to Pumpkin Conc ???

I'm pretty sure Pumpy's last name is Hadnotafarkingclue, that can't be just a coincidence I wouldn't think !!! ;)

21. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,378
    Ill say No.....but I could be wrong !!! ;)