1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers are not discussing RBs

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Kevin Acee
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Someone brought to my attention that Lee Hamilton broke news this afternoon on his XX-1090 show that the Chargers are looking into trading for running backs Willie Parker, Tashard Choice or Lendale White.
    Before writing this, I wanted to check out what he actually was saying. I tuned in via Internet from Florida and heard him soliciting responses from callers about which RB from that trio they would want. I turned it off after 10 seconds.
    I have made it a policy over the years to ignore 99 percent of what Hamilton says. I know he's a fraud, and he knows it, and I trust that most fans know it.
    But in the aftermath of him stirring so many into a frenzy last week by blowing Strippergate out of proportion and flat out reporting falsehoods about what he supposedly knew had happened, I am going to respond to this awful and completely made up story.
    The Chargers are not having discussions about trading for any of those running backs.
    General manager A.J. Smith makes those decisions, first of all. And he takes time after the season to digest and assess. That doesn't mean Smith doesn't have ideas and plans. But as of now, those running backs are not being considered to wear lightning bolts.
    If you want to listen to Hamilton for entertainment, please do. I sometimes tune in (in small chunks) for that purpose. For truth, tune in somewhere else.

2. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Maybe, No and Hell No. :no:

3. SDBoltzFan

SDBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    HACKsaw is reporting today that we are looking at up to 8 RB's. Like was stated above, the saw can't be trusted. I hope we are looking at RB's but I trust nothing that the saw reports.:icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  4. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Of course we're looking at running backs.

BFD

5. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Willie Parker I would actually consider. Dude about shreaded us a few times with Pitt. Then again a LOT of RB's shreaded our run D this season....

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Quacksaw is the Morton Downey Jr. of San Diego sports radio.... All loud pomp, no circumstance...

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    We're going after young, hungry RBs. Might mix in a decent vet... but this team is going the way of the Colts. What happened after "The Edge" was replaced by Addai (& Rhodes)?

BOOM!

Quack that.

8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Maybe so, but does Quackslaw or anyone else think AJ will trade for a RB?

9. BlazingBolt

BlazingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +36
    I heard Hacksaw talking about these guys....I never was under the impression that the Chargers were, even according to Hacksaws squawking, showing actual interest in theses guys....that there was a story here.

But it's definitely a topic for people to talk about.....I am interested in knowing what backs could be available because we definitely need to get a RB.

I would love to have White out of those guys....he is an experienced and capable Goal line back. Willie Parker sucks....he is more done than LT. White is a RFA (assuming no CBA).

LT is not coming back...heck Sproles might not be coming back. I don't want to just get a rookie....I hope we do get an experienced back.

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    THIS JUST IN: THE CHARGERS ARE GOING TO DRAFT SOME PEOPLE IN APRIL. EYE WANNA HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY SAN DIEGO!

Hacksaw is Capt. Obvious' alter ego.

11. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    why are some of you worried about getting a rookie RB? it's the easiest position to transition from college to the pros and since a RB's lifespan is about 6 years I'd take a rookie instead of a 3-4 year vet.

12. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    Hacksaw is a muckracking jaggoff. He spouts his bs and people get caught up in his BS and answer his made up crap of the day. Just say "No" to hacksaw.

13. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    All 3 in that list suck balls. :tdown:

14. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Why do people keep bringing up these smaller backs?
    The only guy of those 3 that fits norvs offense is Lendale White and i seriously doubt anyone would give up anything for him

Norv needs a power back for this offense, and thats what hes always had. No way would a 209lb willie parker last in an offense that runs up the middle on 90% of running plays

15. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Totally agree Rip. We need a bruiser, guy who can run inside and get the extra yards and pound dls into submission. Lendale is the only one barely who fits that bill, but hell no thank you very much.

I'd really like to see us draft Blount. I was turned off by the thought initially, but I think he's exactly what we need.

16. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    Im sorry but **** Blount
    This team already has enough mental midgets, no ****ing way would i want us to add another one

Ill take jonathan dwyer or ryan mathews over him, hell id even take Toby gerhart over him, and i dont like him at all

17. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    WTF? Might as well just keep LT

18. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Come on man.... how can u love VJ like everyone else and hate on blount so much? VJ has 2 dui's and now charged with driving on suspended liscense. BLount may have punched a mfer but at least he wasn't endangering lives by drunk driving and not getting caugt... two times. At least he wasn't beating up women like merriman... At least he wasn't getting a dui like Jamal williams. At least he didn't stab anyone like cromartie... at least he didn't get a 15 yard penalty for beating a byotch down on the field like phillips, at least he didn't take steriods like lights out... That's off the top of my head. See he wouldn't be that bad compared to what we have. Its not like im glad they do this kinda **** but they are some of our better players. And hey, i'm sure after boise state blount is alot less likely to punch another player than vj is to get a dui... again...

19. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    i think you just proved my point

We already have enough **** ups, No need to add more. Hell, why not call pacman to come replace Cromartie, since hes just as talented, and unlike cro, hes willing to attempt a tackle

Jonathan Dwyer is a super high character kid. I dont know much about ryan mathews character, but ive never heard anything bad about him. So, yes i would much rather spend a #1 on dwyer or Mathews than a 3rd or 4th on a headcase like blount.

20. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    when did this happen? all that was said is that he tried to stop her from running out and harming herself

Here we are criticizing hacksaw for making sh1t up and you do the same :tdown:

21. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    hacksaw hates the chargers. And about everything. WEll everything hacksaw says about the chargers is basically all bullcraap.:yes:

22. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    :lol: Complete bullshit!

23. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    VJ is a Charger already and has made his bones on the field. Merriman has been accused by a mentally unstable publicity hound and 15 yard penalties, no matter how stupid, don't add up to assault. Your another who has to take the test. Are you and idiot or a moron? We need a RB and some fat boys out of the draft. Those issues have to be addressed in the first four rounds.