1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers are pretenders, not contenders...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by 17Rocks, Nov 10, 2007.

1. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    According to the latest Jarrett Bell article.

I'd have to say that the whole "continuity" thing with Norv is a big, steaming pile of manure.

the dude's record speaks for itself...

Rod Woodson was on Total Access the other night talking about how a team takes on it's coach's personality...too bad Norv is such a pansy.:icon_evil:

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Today on Total Access Rod was saying that we're still a contender & should easily win the AFC West. That says a lot when he's usually on Denver's jock. But, we are in a weak division this year. Personally, I think we're very elite in talent, but sucking hind tit on coaching.

It certainly would be nice to see a lot more fire & heart from these guys this year. Maybe something more along the lines of the comeback games of Cincy & Denver from last year.

3. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    AJ hired Norv Turner, and he killed Jesus.

• Like Like x 1
  4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Is that you Bolts4Life? :flag:

5. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    No, In a days has that in his sig.

6. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    What, exactly, are they "pretending"?

Does this guy even know what the term means?

They're 4-4 and not looking so hot, they don't even qualify as potential "pretenders" right now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    We have barely pretended to be an average team.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gn7w_uaGh1o&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gn7w_uaGh1o&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

9. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Not even average right now. Peterson managed to break a huge record against us. One or two more plays for him would have been 300+. That is not average, expecially with the guys we have out now.

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    The chargers have the ablity to explode and kill opposing teams. Or they can go into a coma and let teams dictate what happens to them.

Earth to the chargers coaches. Attack. Attack, Attack both on offense and defense. Don't do a marty and just try and win a game. Win the game by winning it.

11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Totally agree. :tup:

I'd much rather go down in flames and die by the blitz than to just sit back and wait for the offense to dictate the game to me. Kinda like what Minny just did to us, bring the f'n house EVERY PLAY.

12. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    NO. :no:

You live by the blitz and you will die by the blitz.

We do not have the depth to even begin this kind of defense. You need to rotate a fresh nose tackle and at least two kickass ends. When we have that and another LB who cleans clocks, then and only then, do we attempt to go Jack the Ripper on any team.

13. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I somewhat agree with the article.
    Contenders dont get smacked red by a pansy *** team like Minnesota.

And dont give me crap about "we needed an eye opener." We've lost 3 games by 14+ points, OPEN YOUR DAMN EYES!

14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    After watching MY team get worked like cheap whores, I realized, even the skankiest of hoes can rise to the top - just like Anna Nicole Smith.

This season, despite all the chin dribble, could be the Lombardi orgasm of our dreams. :bolt:

15. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Only if we get more aggressive. We should now be able to man up on the Colts and blitz more.

16. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Did you also catch what Jimmy Johnson said on the fox show....something in the realm of "...yeah, firing Marty hurt them, but I also think their talent is overrated."

Like it or not, we have everyone out there calling us out.