1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers at Donks Sunday October 9 - See you there?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Eurobolt Mike, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Eurobolt Mike

Eurobolt Mike BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    I understand that quite a few will be going to this game and I thought it would be good to get a thread together for travel, accommodation, tickets and meeting places.

I've booked into Hotel VQ for Saturday and Sunday night ($121) and return flights from Frontier ($172 each)

I waited for the single game tickets and half price tickets but unless you want nose bleeds at $39 or club level (Donk Central) for $300, expect to pay $160 - $230 for field level tickets.

I'm on vacation and will not get to see another game until London 2012 so I don't mind paying $200+ for a good view but I appreciate that other peoples budgets might not be the same.

Hotel VQ runs a shuttle bus to and from Downtown which includes the Wynkoop brew pub -
    http://www.wynkoop.com/ - so no problems with transport, especially after sampling copius quantities of beer!

Hotel VQ is within sight of Invesco.

Does anyone need a single ticket other than Pointy? You can buy in even but not odd numbers so we need someone to add to make it four.

2. Eurobolt Mike

Eurobolt Mike BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    So who's going and are we meeting up on Saturday night?

3. Boltcru

Boltcru BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Wynkoop Brewery Sat. night for some dinner and good beer. Jeremy aka chefbolt works there. There should be a few bolt fans in attendance. Lot M for the Charger tailgate on Sunday. Look for the Charger flag on the 25 foot pole. Josef who lives in Denver hosts it every year. Had 100+ Charger fans the last couple of years. Donko fans hate it that we are there in big numbers. Ha Ha!

4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Mr. and Mrs. RTL will be there. Leaving SD Sat afternoon and staying until Monday. NO plans yet other than the game, so we'll try to make it to any meetups if possible.

5. Boltcru

Boltcru BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Mike, this will be 7 years straight my wife and I are going up to Denver. Just so you will know, Hotel VQ is not very good. I know Bolt fans that have stayed there with bad reviews. Try to find something downtown or close to it if you can.

6. Eurobolt Mike

Eurobolt Mike BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    Ooo - thanks for the heads up!

I'll see if I can find somewhere else - any recommendations?

7. Helmutt

Helmutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +17
    I'm going. Staying at the Grand Hyatt. Will be raging it up downtown on Sat. Night with some Donko friends.

8. Boltcru

Boltcru BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    OK. Just trying to help. Any of the hotels by the airport are a good deal. You might need a car though. Carrentals.com has good prices. Check hotels.com or expedia.com for the hotel.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    I will not be there but I wish you all a great time and a safe trip. I'll be sure to mention it on the show

10. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I am sure you guys will represent us well, have a cold one for me

11. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    have partied at both of these places. great times. take ove the wynkoop!

12. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    I'll be there on Sunday. Going to hit up the Wynkoop for lunch before the game, then take the light rail into the stadium. From the looks of it on Google Maps, the station is right across the street from the Wynkoop.

13. Boltcru

Boltcru BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Jeremy who works at Wynkoop has got us set up at 8 p.m. Saturday night. Come mingle with other Bolt fans and watch a little college ball. Their food is also very unique and good.

14. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    i think i had a buffalo burger last time i was there. pretty good grub. jeremy usually hooks it up with pitchers here and there as well .good times. anybody have pics of the first (largest?) wynkoop takeover before the ed houchili game? i lost most of mine. :tdown:

15. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I'll be at Wynkoop with a large group on Sunday Morning for the early games. But not planning on going out on Saturday. We are having all our guests over for dinner (all friends I had season tickets with before I moved to Denver)

16. Boltcru

Boltcru BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Well then stop by Lot M before the game if you get a chance.

17. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Will do my best

18. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I want to eat at a great steakhouse when I'm there Sat. Any suggestions? Buckhorn Exchange comes up alot on google searches so I'm leaning that way.

19. Boltcru

Boltcru BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Why not go to Elway's Steakhouse with your Charger gear on. How's that for a statement.

20. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    LOL

21. ViennaLager

ViennaLager FC Eintracht Bamberg Smokey Beers

Ratings:
    +61
    That's one of the Denver games I went to. But I was at Wynkoop after the game, not before, but still saw a lot of bolt jerseys there. Good times, except for the outcome, but Wynkoop makes some fine brews.

22. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Heading to Wynkoop in about 30 mins. I'll be wearing a Red Rivers Pro-Bowl Jersey. Feel free to stop by and say hi

23. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Ok, it doesn't open till 11. So not leaving the house for about another 30 mins

24. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +501
    Enjoy u lot, have a great day, rep us strong!!.

25. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Yeah another Eurobolt !