1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers bar in Denver

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by DenverBolt67, Jun 1, 2010.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Does anyone know if there is a Chargers bar in Denver? I am moving as most of you know, and I just found out that the apartment I am moving into doesn't allows Direct TV, so I can't get Sunday Ticket. So I am looking for a place to watch the game where I won't be around a bunch of donkey fans. I know there are a lot of Charger fan in Denver, I am just trying to figure out where they all go.

2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Will your apartment have a balcony that faces South? If so, you can rig something up with a dish & tripod.

3. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    You know there are Charger fans in Denver? I was there last year and I was a stranger in a strange land.

4. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    The apartment told me they do allow Direct TV now, but will be sending out a notice in Aug telling all tenants that they have 30days to remove all antennas. Therefor I am stuck with cable for the few months I am at the apartment until my new huse is built sometime in late fall

5. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I have been there for the game 3 of the last 5 years, plus all my family has moved to Denver. I know that there is a group of Charger fans there, just not sure where they all hang out. Most probably just stay at home

6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I moved from SD to Grand Rapids, MI

I can say from experience, Screw the rest of the fans, go wherever there is a game and represent with pride!

:tup:

7. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    I am sorry I can't offer a bar, but I can say this: DirecTV usually fights any kind of home owners or apartment rules which won't allow a dish. It cuts into their business so you might want to call them and find out if it is legal for someone to stop you from having a dish.

8. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Great way to beat the restriction.

The bottom line: you can not miss a game.

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I can suggest a local forum or 2 .... :icon_tease:

10. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I am only going to be in the apartment for 4-5 months while waiting for my new house to be built, so it just isn't worth the battle. I will switch to DTV once I am in my house.

My mom just told me she is getting DTV and told me she would get Sunday Ticket if I paid for it. So I may just do that

11. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    the wynkoop :flag:

12. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Yep. Amazing pool room upstairs.