1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers being shown lots of love after win

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by JoeRockhead, Dec 14, 2009.

1. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +196
    I've been browsing all the highlight shows, Mike and Mike on ESPN, etc., and the Chargers are being talked about a lot. Nothing but good things being said. You beat the Cowboys and you get respect I guess. It's nice to hear all the good stuff for once. This team is really putting it all together at the right time. I'm just going to look toward our next big challenge next week . We win and I think we will be in the drivers seat for the second seed. :tup:

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Hey its a huge win against a big time team. How would you not?

3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Every game keeps getting bigger, and we keep winning, they have no choice but to acknowledge the Chargers.:popcorn:

4. 14fouts

14fouts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Yea they deserve it-their team is first class and their whole organization is and always has been- I was just thinking wouldnt it be sweet if bolts and colts met in afc champ both riding winning streaks 11 for us and 16 for them? :bolt:

5. 14fouts

14fouts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Sorry with the first playoff game for each of us it would be 12 for us and 17 for them- Keep on rollin chargers :bolt:

6. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Look at the top of the NFC East.... It's hard not to have love for a team that just ran through the Eagles, Giants, and Cowgirls. :yes:

But with that being said, the Redskins are still a scary team! I lived in the DC area for several years so the 'skins are kind of my #2. The classic quality of the Redskins is losing to crappy teams and beating teams that should run them off the field. They'll lose to the Chiefs one week then beat the Saints the next week. Teams like that scare the crap out of me.

7. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    That goal line stand was EPIC!

8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Yes it was. :yes: :abq2: :abq1: :abq2:

9. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Right after the game, the media response wasn't about how great the Chargers played. It was WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE COWBOYS???

During the Philly-Giants game Sunday night, Bob Costas spent considerable time during his half-time rant talking about the Cowboys. Americas team my ***.

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    IMO... the Cowboys are not that good.
    They're just the NFL and ESPN's heart throb. Sure they've been talking about their struggles but there are other teams struggling too. You don't see ESPN talking non stop about those teams.

They're upset about the struggles of their darling Cowboys.
    Think anybody in the office of NFL or ESPN were rooting for the Chargers yesterday?
    If the Chargers were in the Cowboys situation, would they take up hours talking about the Chargers?
    If Rivers had Romo's stats, would ESPN be singing his praises?

AND THE BIGGEST PART OF ALL... Had the Cowboys won yesterday, it would be major ESPN headlines! All you'd hear is "THE STREAK IS OVER... DALLAS IS BACK!!!" It would be majorly celebrated and suddenly, they'd be favored to win the Super Bowl!!!
    Where's our big headlines and celebration for being 0-17 in December? :icon_shrug:

Oh... yes, that was a great win yesterday! :bolt:

11. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    You are 100% right. They give props to San Diego for about 10 seconds, then 10 minutes on the Cowboys continuing the December woes, the Saints, the Colts, Randy Moss pouting, Brandon Marshall setting a reception record.

Hey what about LT's TD record of 10 or more TD's for 9 straight years. That's an NFL record.

They will acknowledge how great San Diego is playing, but only mention them for maybe 10 seconds. I absolutly 100% HATE NBC and their coverage of games.:icon_evil:

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Yeah. I was watching the game while getting some work done... so my eyes were on and off the screen. But I kept constantly hearing the Cowboys being brought up.

13. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +196
    I did hear later in the day on ESPN, one Dallas fan boy say: "Dallas lost because Demarcus Ware was injured". I was actually waiting to hear someone say that. So we didn't win because we were better, it was due to an injury. Of course it was. :tdown: As for the Chargers remaining games, there isn't an easy one on the schedule. All the times could give us a challenge. No more cup cakes for us. It is going to be a battle to the end.

14. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    U know what this stuff (not getting respect) used bother me but no more. In fact I think the team now pay no attention to it too. It seems we are a much more focussed inwardly confident group of players and coaches. Norv comes across all blasé and kinda silly but inside I reckon he is thinking,

'bring em on, we will beat the shite out of all comers, nobody can stop us nor my masterclass of an Offense led by my QB who is better than Aikman ever was. F the lot of you!!.'

:icon_twisted:

15. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    You don't get or deserve respect in the NFL unless you win the rings. That the way it is and that is the way it should be.

Meeting the Colts again would be great. We are the one team those guys do not want to face, I am sure of that.

16. gmacdiddy

gmacdiddy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    The D was highly crucial, especially in the first half. What made the difference was the Chargers holding the Cowboys to a single field goal over drives that featured first downs 16, 3 and 27 yards from the end zone.

Btw, Steve Gregory just joined LockerBlogger.com. Check him out at http://www.lockerblogger.com/lockers/Steve Gregory.

17. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    EMBRACE THE HATE :bolt:

yeah, because the chargers dont have ANY injuries at all :rolleyes2:

18. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    They don't really, just this Jamal-somebody, one of their five safeties, and that guy who plays center...seriously, who needs a center? :icon_tease:

19. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    and defense? pfft, who plays defense?