1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers Blog - Dirdorf's Comments

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BFISA, Oct 19, 2008.

1. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    http://www3.signonsandiego.com/weblogs/chargers/2008/oct/18/dierdorfs-pregame-comments/?chargers

Jay Posner

Posted: October 18, 2008

Dan Dierdorf of CBS Sports, who will work Sunday's telecast with Greg Gumbel, offered his thoughts on the matchup this week in a CBS press release:

(On San Diego): "For the Chargers, they have a double-whammy in having to pack their bags for a longer trip as they are going on to London to play New Orleans next week. Buffalo is a heckuva place to have to stop and play on your way to London. Most people go to London for a vacation. For the Chargers, this is anything but a vacation.''

(On playing in Buffalo and getting off to a quick start): "I’m expecting this to be a raucous crowd in Buffalo. It’s always a hard place to play. Anybody that goes to Buffalo would like to get those fans sitting on their hands early, but it’s going to take more than a seven or 10 point lead to rattle this crowd. They are pretty savvy. These Buffalo fans know how to act. They are awfully rabid in their support of the Bills. It’s going to take some doing to get them quiet, but if you can pull off a quick start, it’s a big plus. The temperature is supposed to be in the 50s but a lot of times it can be windy in Buffalo. It will be interesting to see how that plays into the San Diego passing game.''

(On San Diego QB Philip Rivers): "Philip Rivers just tore up New England throwing the football with a lot of long bombs. San Diego has proven that they have the ability to make the big strike. Philip Rivers is playing with an awful lot of confidence and he’s doing a really good job of taking care of the football. He has 14 touchdowns against four interceptions. That is outstanding play. That is what you look for in a quarterback. To have twice as many touchdowns than interceptions is very good. To have more than three times as many is superlative.''

(More on San Diego): "This is a really good San Diego team with a chance to go to a winning record at 4-3. They are looking at this as a huge game for them. Last week a couple of their players even said, ‘This is a must-win game’ (against New England). This is certainly not a must-win game. But let’s face it, if the Chargers are going to be what we all thought they were going to be, this is the kind of game that they have to win. If you think you are good enough to go to the Super Bowl, than these are the kind of games you have to be good enough to win.''

(On Buffalo and QB Trent Edwards): "For Buffalo, this is the type of game that is, ‘Are you real, or are you rumor?’ The bye came at the right time for Trent Edwards to move past that concussion. Trent Edwards has to be all the way back. He has to be completely over the cobwebs from the concussion.''

(On San Diego-Buffalo): "This might be a game of big plays. These are two teams that have both shown the ability to make big plays.''

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I know many hear despise Dan Dierdorf; guess I'm in the minority when I say I really don't mind his comentary. I think his analysis is usually spot on.

3. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Two problems with Dierdork. One, he looks like a Russet Potato. Two, he's a prick, an arrogant prick. There are plenty of guys who can do his level of analysis and not come off like an irritating jerk.

4. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    He is normally just annoying, but when one of his boy friends is playing QB, he is like some love struck band groupie at a Duran Duran concert.

5. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    deerdork in the former college equivalent to the nfl pro-bowl ("All-Pro Game"?) blew out my uncle's knee with a chop block. uncle was play'in DE. everyone knows you're suppose to play pretty straight up in those games but my uncle was make'in him look bad so deerdork chopped him.
    my uncle was still drafted by the giants (might a been before the game) then went to the chargers and the seahawks.
    he always hated deerdork (obviously) and said he was always a dirty cheat'in SOB.
    plus he's jus' stupid...

6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    who's your uncle??

7. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    dave tipton, he was only a charger a couple years, but it was when i was jus' born so i was branded a bolt fan since that's who the family was root'in for at the time. we're a northern californai family so the chargers aren't our natural team to gravitate to...

8. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I will never forgive him for calling the us the "Nameless Faceless Chargers" and saying we had no business being in the Super Bowl in 94. Fat Boy also couldn't call his way out of a paper bag - especially when he's a homer for the QB or Team in general. The one-sided commentary drives me insane - no matter what team is on the field. Stop being a fanboy and call the damn game jackhole.

9. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    Um, might those plays be 'turnovers' ?

10. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    I'm really ****in sick of hearing DAN lispling Deardork's Charger biast commentary. You can just feel the unprofessional hatred that is conveyed in his voice and comments for the chargers. Why he hates the chargers, I really cant figure out. Dirty teams or major Dynasty's maybe but the chargers have never won a bowl. Common DEERDUMB!!

11. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Face it .........the Chargers will be the redheaded step children of the NFL until they win a super bowl.

I have seen it for many years they are not liked by the media.

12. SDC-IL

SDC-IL BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Then again have the Chargers given anyone in the media a reason to like them.

13. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    He was his usual self. Made a comment about Rivers having a good year, but then backhanded Philip by saying it was because he had Gates and VJ who were 6'5" receivers that made him look better.

He is just a fuking dik any way you slice it.