1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chargers-Butler talks stalling

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Feb 27, 2014.

1. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Things are going smoothly right now for the Bolts, Hardwick committed and now Butler is signed long term. A few more tweaks, freaks and a solid draft and times they can be rapidly a changing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,698
    *knocks on wood*

3. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    I appreciate your optimism…I genuinely do.
    But the fact remains that this was a mediocre team last year, and these are status quo moves, from an optimistic angle.
    I like Hardwick, and sincerely hope he can perform almost as well at 33 as at 32…
    hopefully Butler being a year older and wiser (and maybe healthy enough for more than 12 starts) will cancel out Hardwick's age..
    but I'm going to need to see a lot more than tweaking before I think that we have, overall, an impressive roster.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    I didn't say they "will be" Super Bowl contenders, just that they "can be" better than they were last year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    Not arguing that this team last year wasn't mediocre, but the team did sustain a ton of critical injuries to the players we were to rely on the most. I too am optimistic that this healthy 2014 team (with no FA or Draft included) will be better than the mediocre 2013 that did make it to the division playoffs last year.

6. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475
    I'd give up our 1st rounder for Dion Jordan and their 3rd or 4th rounder. We'd get a raw up and comer at OLB and Tommy T could use the extra pick to stock up on beef or an extra WR.

• Agree Agree x 1