1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers C Hardwick hurt early in Raiders game

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Oct 14, 2007.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-chargers-hardwickinjured&prov=ap&type=lgns

SAN DIEGO (AP) -- Chargers Pro Bowl center Nick Hardwick sprained his right foot early in Sunday's 28-14 win over Oakland and sat out the rest of the afternoon.

Hardwick was hurt on the seventh play from scrimmage. He limped off the field and later was taken into the locker room on a cart. X-rays were negative, and Hardwick said he'll have an MRI exam Monday.

"I don't really know what's going on in there," said Hardwick, whose foot was stepped on by another player.

He was replaced by Cory Withrow.

"That's a big issue," coach Norv Turner said. "He's an underrated player. I don't know if people understand how good he is. I've been around some real good centers and he's as good as I've been around."

The Chargers have their bye next weekend.

2. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Let's hope it's not too serious. On a bright note, Withrow filled in quite nice.

3. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Hardwick was amazing his rookie season. Then in 2005 he sucked hard. Then he played very well last season and about the same this season. But man he and Olivea as rookies were like entirely different players!!! Much more intensity on the field and much better in one on one battles.

4. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    he got stepped on, i know how that feels, hell be fine, its sucks when you get stepped on, it hurts :( but hell be back, nothing to be worried about :)

5. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    I hate to sound negative, but...

Hardwick talked to Hank Bauer after the game and told him he doesn't think the MRI (scheduled for tomorrow) would have good results. He really thinks something is wrong and said he couldn't put any pressure on his foot at all. :no:

I REALLY hope the MRI tomorrow doesn't show a break or tendon damage.

6. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    How is a Probowler underrated?

7. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Don't worry he will be ready to go for the 2008-2009 season after he visits the world famous Dr. Andrews

[​IMG]

like this guy here

[​IMG]

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    You read what most of the people here say about him, and I think it's fair to say he's underrated. Despite making the Pro Bowl last season, most people outside of San Diego don't know who Hardwick is.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    that much is true but even those of us in san diego i don't think enough people know or appreciate him.

as for his injury, he probably did get stepped on but I'd rather wait for tomorrow before relaxing. Unfortunately those minor injuries or te ones that don't look bad are usually the ones that kill the season.

10. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    God I hope he ok.................

11. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Yeah when I was reading that quote I was wondering was he talking about Hardwick or Withrow?. :icon_huh:

12. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I loved it yesterday on the first play that Withrow was in on the announcer said what a great job he did because Rivers had a great pocket and Withrow didn't skip a beat. Then they showed the replay and after the snap, Withrow was standing around with no one to block.:icon_rofl:

13. Mid-west Chargers fan

Mid-west Chargers fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I'm just glad that we are going into the bye week. That will give my boy an extra week to heal. If that isn't enough, he should be able to take the following week off as we are playing the Texans and Cory should fill in nicely.

He'll be back stronger than ever, my boy is made from tough stuff!!