1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers Canopy - Tailgater Co-host

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Trumpet_Man, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Thumper just informed me the Walmart by Frye's (adjacent to Chargers Park you guys know the area) off I-15 has Chargers Canopy's for sale.

This is a two part deal and quite sweet so here goes.

Part One: Thumper has agreed to reimburse ONE poster who buys this canopy ($125.00) and is willing to bring this to EVERY tailgater without fail.

Part Two: You would also be designated as a Co-Host for ALL the tailgaters.

This means when the parking lot opens, you are the dude/dudette who bull rushes the gates with me to secure our spots for the hedonistic adventures called the tailgaters. :tup: :icon_toast:

Ideally, this is someone who is local but this is not mandatory. We are just looking for someone who will say, "yeah I can do it so send me in coach". :tup: :football:

The Bolttalk.com banners would be hung as well and we are working on getting some more. I just found one banner (woohoo - I thought it got ripped off :lol: ).

The tailgaters have gotten huge so I have found out that delegating out some of the things I have been doing for 40 years is not so bad a thing at all.

Actually, mega-thanks to those who have offered to step up and help out (RideTheLightning, Thumper, Rule12b - who I need to pimp with his octobolt and mixed drinks - TurboTurtle for waving his pimp cane for others to stay away while we are setting up, ChagerRay for the grub and being a Podcast dude, Anteater is chopping meat like a madman) and the list goes on .......

Anyway, that is what we are looking for.....There may be a game I do not show up and the show must go on is what needs to happen here since we are on a roll.

Your post count does not mean crap either so the lurker or dude with one post means just as much so do not let that affect anyone stepping up.

Ok, who is willing to be a Co-Host and be part of what we call the Temple of Bolt Worship ?

Step up to the plate and say "I am your fan so send me in coach" plus I get a free Chargers canopy ? - Woohoo !!! :abq2:

Serious inquiries ONLY !!!!

2. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    get real... Linda told me YOU were too CHEAP to buy one... :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I just asked her if this conversation happened and she said "yeah you were standing right there" :lol: Fuc :icon_evil: :icon_twisted:

4. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Let me share a story that many of our own tailgaters do not even know about and this is a fellow tailgater.

The dude who fried up the coconut and drives a Chevy truck with lumber racks at the tailgaters lost everything in the 2004 fires. I met him through VFV22 (ViewFromView22). This dude lost everything in the fires. I mean everything. Was living out of truck and a tent. Had no one to turn to but his Chargers season tickets to keep his sanity.

He tailgated alone in 2004, 2005 and then in 2006, I heard his story and told him he was now a part of our tailgaters forever.

Dude was in tears. Not to embarass him and he does not post here nor has a computer but **** happens and sometimes it affects posters and non posters in ways we can not begin to measure.

Dude had lost all hope. 3 years living like a rat.

Last tailgater, dude got his faith back.....the insurance company settled and he will have a new home in a few more months. The brother almost cashed it all in as in "the big one" but he told me if it were not for the tailgaters, uhhhh, well .... let's just say it helped him stick around.

It may seem like a huge party and it is but I will tell you one thing, the memories you take will impact you forever. :yes:

It is that kind of thing .... :icon_toast:

5. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    I believe it, these gators are the only reason why I keep my season tickets.

6. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Wow Trumpet. That's a great story. I'm glad he's doing better these days. I like feel good stories. Hopefully WE will all have a feel good story ending in Feb. 2008 in Arizona with a victory. :yes:

[​IMG]

Focus, my friends, focus....

7. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    It is a neat story. One that really moved the asssshole out of me and that takes some doing. :yes:

There are more stories and some are confidential. I never thought this kind of stuff would happen and it would just be a party but I guess things happen for a reason. I just roll with it and if it gave the brother a spark to rock on, cool.

Again, I do not mean to embarass him or call him out but I thought it would be appropriate to let others know that there is some good that comes out of all of this. I play this temple stuff up and the beer and the partying and there are some serious feel good stories (and not so feel good) happening so there is balance.

Anyway, looking for a Co-Host is a serious committment but those are the kind of stories they will hear and there are many more left to be told.

Go Chargers !!!! :bolt:

8. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Where do you guys tailgate... We have been @ J-3 for at least 14 years...I'll stop by this year and bring some elk meat if you guys aren't slumm'n it near Friars...

9. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715

CHURCH M'FER!:abq2:

10. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    Hell yes, bring some of that...

11. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    I remember that guy from last season. But I never knew this story about him.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Bolts

Heck yeah. I just found out a couple of hours ago, I have free tickets to the Superbowl through a friend. It's all about contacts and this dude has them through childhood friends of his (players) growing up. Now I'm really going to be jumping out of my skin as the season progresses.....might even have a heart attack or two.

13. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Yeah he is a cool dude.

Last tailgater, he showed up with this humongous steak to treat himself and he told me "throw this on the grill and cut it up for everyone". :icon_eek: That is heart. :tup:

How can one not get affected by that kind of stuff? I do and did.

Anyway, I think the significant event so far is Electric Chair finding that fat sack of weed when he was walking his dog last week as an omen we are going to win the whole enchilada. :yes:

14. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Holy crap ...scores... adopt me. :lol:

15. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Was it the real sticky icky?:icon_high:

16. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    That pig never gave a smoke report. :icon_evil: As a matter of fact, dude bogarted the whole thing I bet. :yes:

Anyway, we need a tailgate Co-Host.

There is a good possibility next season, I am going to get a 40' Class A diesel pusher (humongous motor home) and relocate to the motorhome section after a bazillion years in this area (F-G). This thing will have it own exterior flat screen for the morning games and the NFL Ticket plus its' own damn bathroom. No more "P" cup.

The saga continues ........

17. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    :blink:

18. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Same thing I told Thumper, I really wish I could do it, but man, my work schedule sucks ***. If I can get Sunday nights OFF, I may be able to commit, but until I know for sure, I can't. If I get my schedule changed (and I'll know for certain before opening day), I'm the man. I just can't say yes yet. :(

Pencil me in as a "maybe".

19. Yngwie77

Yngwie77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Trumpy check your PM's.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Send all donations for grub to RideTheLightning. He is coordinating all the cash for the tailgaters. He da man.

We are still looking for that someone special to step up as tailgate Co-Host so heads up !!! :abq2:

Hey, I look forward to meeting all you crazies from NY. :tup: :icon_toast:

21. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    This is a very special community. Haven't seen another team site with this kind of style.

22. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    That is why this site is the fastest growing on the internet.

I keep telling Thumper (Eric) that this site needs to dare to be different and Eric has responded. Props to him. Running this kind of stuff is no easy task from what I have seen and I do not know this end of the business although, I try to help these guys out with some business acume behind the scenes (Staff forums).

The most disconcerting thing is all the Chargers sites have a rivalry for posters and I have seen the bigboys (Chargers.com) send legal nasty grams to these guys here over what I consider to be petty issues (logo infringement) and general lack of communication and reciprocal respect.

I remember last year we tried to get a softball game between Glorifythepast.com and Bolttalk.com but the owner of that site decided to put up ridiculous photoshopped crap of me and all because they did not want to accept a friendly game of softball amongst fans. To me that is weak and a bit chicken and the owner of that site went off. Oh well. That tells me a whole hell of a lot so why even bother from that point is my logic.

Posters and fans need to feel comfortable where they are posting. That is the key. No site offers the diversity this site does and I have visited them all with respect to the Chargers.

I have pretty much resigned myself as a fan to not worry about the other websites and just concentrate on helping this one stay ahead of the curve. At least this site is run by a Chargers fans and not by a billionaire and maybe that sounds a bit callous but as the old saying goes....it is what it is. :icon_toast:

23. Justachargerfan

Justachargerfan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9
    If nobody has volunteered yet, I can try, I already have my Chargers canopy, but coming from Mexicali Mexico, I sometimes have "logistic" issues that make me arrive a little bit late, that's why I hesitate to offer to be there on time the whole season, but I'll sure do my best!! so I promise to be there at 10am latest on 9/9 and we will go from there.
    If of course nobody else has volunteered!! :tup:

24. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Cool !!! Step up.

I think it is fantastic fans from Mexico are rooting for the Chargers. :tup: You have to drive over 200 miles round trip and cross the border to make **** happen and that is tight.

I want to hear more chants of "que se chingen a su madre los Raiders" :icon_rofl: That is too freaking funny. Other fans who loosely speak spanish were howling at that chant. :lol: :icon_toast:

25. Justachargerfan

Justachargerfan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I will step up! and...

Que se chinguen a su *uta madre los Raiders!!!:icon_rofl:

26. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Lets face it. Us charger fans have been through the fire. Its our time to holler and win it all. Be a good year to do it.:yes: :flag:

27. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    CHURCH M'FER!:abq1:

28. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    getting back to co-hosting the tailgate, anyone up for rotating who gets there nice and early in the morning? I know few of us can do the 'first at the gate' early in the morning thing BUT maybe we can rotate so you do that once-twice a year, and we all can handle it?

29. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I am still looking for a tailgate Co-Host so heads up all!! :abq2: :bolt:

I have one semi committment but they can not arrive until 10AM and I need someone like clockwork to be there at 8 AM every home game to rush the gates and get set up.

Talk to me goose.

30. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    [​IMG]

LT SEZ:

TALK TO T-MAN OR I WILL STIFF ARM YO' *** !!!
    :abq2: