1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers, Cardinals predictions?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by szarmes, Oct 2, 2010.

1. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Here are a few things that I am predicting to happen tomorrow against Arizona.

1. Mathews plays the whole game and doesn't fumble
    2. Philip throws for over 300 yards
    3. Mathews gets his first NFL touchdown
    4. Mathews has his 1st 100 yard rushing game
    5. Siler gets 2 sacks
    6. Cason gets an interception
    7. We don't allow a kick off return past the 50 yard line
    8. We win by over 10 points

What do you guys think will happen?

2. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Chargers win big at home 34-13. :yes:

3. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    SD wins 34-17.

4. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    I like it. Only diff I think 2 TDs and a FG to Zona to your 1 and 2. That and fact you said 34 as I was thinkin it.

5. mainstayjames

mainstayjames BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    I'm thinking 31-13, Bolts.

*Mathews gets 2 TD's
    *Rivers throws for over 300
    *Gates and Floyd catch the other TD's.
    *VJ sits at home watching the game and cries a little on the inside.

6. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264

7. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +349
    I predict I will turn my attention to the Padre game at the same time because the NFL sees fit that a 90% sellout is a losing proposition.

a) I am admittingly fair weather padre fan, but the game is on TV.

b) If I can even sell a product at 90%, I guess I'd be pretty happy.

c) Stupid visibility has screwed up lobster season!!

8. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    I predict that VJ will be bleary eyed drunk by the 2nd quarter, and the bartender at Thrusters has to kick him out and VJ will have to drive home drunk. Again.

Pointy

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lightning

Lightning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Must win game ....regardless of this team being able to overcome slow starts in the past, this is not those teams. This team has to find momentum in order to make a run, not rely on just being able to overcome adversity. Lose this game and this season becomes a "chance" at winning the division and making a playoff run instead of the expected team it was supposed to be that has become accustomed to winning the division and being a contender.

10. Lightning

Lightning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    I'm down with "a" and "b" wholeheartedly ...but gotta admit i have no idea about visibility and lobsters! :D

11. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +349
    LOL, all you need is mask, snorkel, fins, dive light (lobster are nocturnal), License, and be able to hold your breath!

But not to thread jack, I think we will win, bummed I can't see this game, (because I am a fake fan) but I hope Mathews does well, I know Philip will!! GO BOLTS, and Padres to a lesser extent! :)

12. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    Chargers win 24-17, but no one will care, because it is blacked out (again) in SD and Arizona fans make Charger fans look loyal.

13. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,414
    There are a number of things I can't stand about 65TossPowerTrap, and I would just love to share them with you. First things first: People used to think I was exaggerating whenever I said that 65TossPowerTrap's mendacious beliefs are largely due to his drawing mistaken conclusions from what he wrongly takes to be evidence. After seeing 65TossPowerTrap marginalize and eventually even outlaw responsible critics of misguided dunderheads these same people now realize that I wasn't exaggerating at all. In fact, they even realize that when a friend wants to drive inebriated, you try to stop him. Well, 65TossPowerTrap is drunk with power, which is why we must expose all of his filthy, subversive, and destructive activities.

What provoked 65TossPowerTrap to replace the search for truth with a situationist relativism based on illaudable, cocky sesquipedalianism? To answer that question, note that history provides a number of instructive examples for us to study. For instance, it has long been the case that if 65TossPowerTrap manages to stretch credulity beyond the breaking point, civilization will crumble almost immediately. Investigators from a future era will need to sift through the charred wreckage of our society looking for the black box to figure out what happened. Maybe they'll even discover that 65TossPowerTrap has for a long time been arguing that everything he says is completely and utterly true. Had he instead been arguing that his whole life is a succession of shifts, excuses, and expedients, I might cede him his point. As it stands, the leap of faith required to bridge the logical gap in 65TossPowerTrap's arguments is simply too terrifying for me to contemplate. What I do often contemplate, however, is how he is profoundly hostile to religious tolerance, democracy, and the notion of a secular civil society. I'll stand by that controversial statement and even assume that most readers who bring their own real-life experience will agree with it. At a bare minimum, 65TossPowerTrap has hatched all sorts of disingenuous plans. Remember his attempt to seize control over where we eat, sleep, socialize, and associate with others? No? That's because 65TossPowerTrap is so good at concealing his reprehensible, scummy activities.

What I want to document now is that if I were elected Ruler of the World, my first act of business would be to knock some sense into 65TossPowerTrap. I would further use my position to inform certain segments of the Earth's population that I've managed to come up with a way in which 65TossPowerTrap's essays could be made useful. His essays could be used by the instructors of college courses as a final examination of sorts. Any student who can't find at least 20 errors of fact or fatuous statement automatically flunks. Extra credit goes to students who realize that 65TossPowerTrap likes to seem smarter than he really is. It therefore always amuses me whenever he cracks open a thesaurus, aims for intellectualism, misses, and lands squarely in a puddle of vainglorious frippery.

65TossPowerTrap will impose ideology, control thought, and punish virtually any behavior he disapproves of eventually. When that event happens, a darkness and evil exceeding anything seen in history will descend over the world. I can hope only that before it does, people will expose injustice and puncture prejudice. Only then can we stand uncompromised in a world that's on the brink of 65TossPowerTrap-induced disaster. Never have I seen such a gross error in judgment as his decision to project a stream of sophomoric images of death, sex, disaster, material goods, celebrities, and other fixtures in a mock-Olympian firmament. He is not a responsible citizen. Responsible citizens raise the quality of debate on issues surrounding 65TossPowerTrap's haughty, self-centered monographs. Responsible citizens clearly do not take over society's eyes, ears, mind, and spirit.

65TossPowerTrap truly believes that I'm too impulsive to address a number of important issues. It is just such rebarbative megalomania, pesky egoism, and intellectual aberrancy that stirs 65TossPowerTrap to commit acts of immorality, dishonesty, and treason. Griping about 65TossPowerTrap will not make him stop trying to erase the memory of all traditions and all history. But even if it did, he would just find some other way to undermine the current world order. Whereas he claims that human life is expendable, I claim that he wants nothing less than to subordinate all spheres of society to an ideological vision of organic community, hence his repeated, almost hypnotic, insistence on the importance of his insufferable comments. Even if blowsy, loopy usurers join 65TossPowerTrap's band with the best of intentions, they will still call for a return to that which wasn't particularly good in the first place in the near future. Not all, I hasten to add, do join with the best of intentions.

If 65TossPowerTrap is going to talk about higher standards then he needs to live by those higher standards. The problem with him is not that he's sordid. It's that he wants to manufacture outrage at his opponents by attributing to them all classes of perverted flimflams. The long and short of it is that many people think of 65TossPowerTrap's impertinent, scabrous half-measures as a joke, as something only half-serious. In fact, they're deadly serious. They're the tool by which beer-guzzling potlickers will grant a free ride to the undeserving when you least expect it. A second all-too-serious item is that we must all face the storm and stress of showing you, as dispassionately as possible, what kind of violent thoughts 65TossPowerTrap is thinking about these days. This exercise will, at the very least, demonstrate to the world that many of the people I've talked to have said that 65TossPowerTrap and his minions should all be put up against a wall and given traitors' justice. Without commenting on that specifically I'd merely like to point out that it's really not bloody-mindedness that compels me to begin a course of careful, planned, and coordinated action. It's my sense of responsibility to you, the reader.

It is clear from what I have already written that 65TossPowerTrap cannot be tamed by "tolerance" and "accommodation" but is actually spurred on by such gestures. He sees such gestures as a sign of weakness on our part and is thereby encouraged to continue starting wars, ruining the environment, inventing diseases, and routinely doing a hundred other things that kill people. Even his bedfellows couldn't deal with the full impact of his manifestos. That's why they created "65TossPowerTrap-ism," which is just a neurotic excuse to direct social activity toward philanthropic flimflam rather than toward the elimination of the basic deficiencies in the organization of our economic and cultural life. He keeps telling everyone within earshot that society is supposed to be lenient towards choleric boneheads. I'm guessing that 65TossPowerTrap read that on some Web site of dubious validity. More reliable sources generally indicate that we can divide his tricks into three categories: rancorous, splenetic, and pestiferous.

65TossPowerTrap is not only woefully neo-moonstruck, but terribly pretentious. This applies first and foremost to an peupladeunder whose high-handed brand of nativism the whole of honest humanity is suffering: 65TossPowerTrap's army of feebleminded Neanderthals. Although the dialectics of blockish praxis will teach our children a version of history that is not only skewed, distorted, and wrong but dangerously so within a short period of time, we have a choice. Either we let ourselves be led like lambs to the slaughter by 65TossPowerTrap and his yes-men or we enable patriots to use their freedoms to save their freedoms. While I don't expect you to have much trouble making up your mind you should nevertheless consider that by indiscriminately assigning value to practically everything, 65TossPowerTrap has made "experience" all-important. His experiences, however, are detached from any consideration of what is good or true, which means that they will almost certainly crush people to the earth and then claim the right to trample on them forever because they are prostrate sooner than you think.

65TossPowerTrap writes a lot of long statements that mean practically nothing. What's sneaky is that he constructs those statements in such a way that it never occurs to his readers to analyze them. Analysis would almost certainly indicate that if we don't lead the way to the future, not to the past, then 65TossPowerTrap will soon become unstoppable. No borders will be able to detain him. No united global opinion will be able to isolate him. No international police or juridical institutions will be able to interdict him. As you may have noticed, I routinely use some rather impolite words to convey what I think of 65TossPowerTrap. But how would you describe a person who is intent on donning the mantel of vigilantism and replicating the most litigious structures of contemporary life? If you can think of a better label for such a person than "disruptive bribe-seeker" I'll consider using it in future posts.

It is painful to write such truisms, but in public, 65TossPowerTrap promises that he'd never make a big deal out of nothing. In private, however, he secretly tells his secret police that he'll do exactly that. I think we've seen this movie before: It's called Business as Usual for 65TossPowerTrap. For the record, were he alive today, Hideki Tojo would be his most trustworthy ally. I can see Tojo joining forces with 65TossPowerTrap to help him abridge our basic civil liberties. So, sorry for being so long-winded in this post, but information about 65TossPowerTrap's loquacious conclusions is there for those who seek it.

14. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +349
    This post reminds me of graduate school, my head falls into my book ( I know you are joking)... :p I wonder if you are a die hardfan since you hide behind your distance of blackouts? :)

15. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Leo, Impressive dissertation / rant...but isn't that akin to using a tactical nuclear device to remove one rather insignificant troll?

16. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Leo's post is copypasta

Bolts win 165-3

17. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    Yes, Impressive use of copy and paste abilities lol.

His sense of originality is about as well-developed as the Charger's special teams unit.

18. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I predict that someone will still p!ss and moan about VJ.
    I predict that someone will still p!ss and moan about AJ.
    I predict that someone will still p!ss and moan about Norv.
    I predict that someone will still p!ss and moan about Players.
    I predict that someone will still predict the Chiefs will be all dat and a bag of chips.

19. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    28 - 10 Chargers, and special teams finally get their act together.

20. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    "...the Broncos opened up a 34-6 lead by the end of the third quarter. This caused many fans to leave early, a cardinal sin in my book.

Back in the 1990’s, and even early 2000’s, the atmosphere at Arrowhead would have earned five points on this rating scale. The team’s recent struggles, however, have scared away many fair-weather fans, leading to several empty seats on game day. Once dubbed, “the loudest stadium in the NFL" Arrowhead now lacks that certain magic that used to set it apart from other NFL venues."
    - Stadium Review: Kansas City Chiefs' Arrowhead Stadium, By Nick Kappel (Featured Columnist) on December 10, 2009

Stadium Review: Kansas City Chiefs' Arrowhead Stadium | Bleacher Report

Just saying...

21. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    And just look at all these die-hard KC fans from last year's game.

Attached Files:

22. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I predict that the game will not end in a tie.

23. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

:lol:

I think I found my new avatar!

24. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Ride The Lightning, I had copypasta once with marianara sauce, it was excellent.

25. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    After 3 years of cleaning house and only winning 10 games, the Chiefs had one blackout, last years' late-season game against the cardinals, since 1991.

There really is no comparison between fans. San Diego has NEVER been an intimidating place to play for any team. Arrowhead is a huge homefield advantage most of the time.

26. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    Just saying...Ask Phyllis Rivers how Arrowhead is this year lol

He may throw another tantrum though.

27. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Some of you need to back off the crack pipe. Seriously.

28. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I PREDICT FREAKING PAIN

PAIN

THAT IS THE PREDICTION

PAIN

29. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Tosser,

"Phyllis"??? really?...pretty strong words from a guy whose QB is the offensive juggernaut known as Matt Cassel.
    The Cheifs have improved from last season, but put down the koolaid and back away slowly. They got over on the Chargers and the other two victories came against bottom feeders...it's a long season.

• Like Like x 1
  30. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    100% agree with all these. Also they are not predictions they are guaruntees.