1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers' cheer on Chula Vista Park View

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Jennifer Rojas
    Posted Aug 28, 2009
    Chargers.com

As Chargers players milled around the locker room waiting to leave for Atlanta, the match-up versus the Falcons wasn’t the only game on their minds.

As Chargers players milled around the locker room waiting to leave for Atlanta, the match-up versus the Falcons wasn’t the only game on their minds. It was in fact a baseball game played last night at Howard J. Lamade Stadium in South Williamsport, Pa. where Chula Vista Park View All-Stars pulled an upset over Warner Robins, Ga. to keep their hopes alive in the Little League World Series.

“I think this win is a huge thing for them and the city of San Diego,” said Philip Rivers[​IMG]. “I can remember when I was younger playing in Little League and how much fun that all was. To play on a big stage is exciting for them and exciting to watch. I was watching them make their comeback last night and it was fun to watch. I’ll definitely be rooting for them when they play Texas.”

After the Georgians jumped to a 10-5 lead, Park View battled back to win their sixth elimination game. Park View will face San Antonio on Saturday in the U.S. championship game. A win there will send the All-Stars to the Little League World Series title game against either Mexico or Chinese Taipei.

“It was crazy watching them last night,” Antonio Gates[​IMG] said. “We are all proud of them because they got a chance to do something really, really special because there is only a handful of kids that get to that point. I can remember at that age playing sports, moments like these are ones that last a lifetime. It’s definitely a moment that everyone can embrace and enjoy.”

During the Georgia lead, Jacob Hester[​IMG] had some concern but it was quickly dissipated by Park View’s comeback.

“I was a little nervous in that third inning but the guys really showed what kind of heart they had by coming back,” described Hester. “I can’t even imagine how hard it is to be in their position that they are in. If you think about all of the cities in this country and each team that competes, to be in a spot where they can win it all is special. I’m definitely rooting for them and looking forward to their next game.”

Luis Castillo[​IMG] has been following the hometown team since the start of the tournament and believes even professional football players can learn from these young athletes.

“I’m real proud of those guys,” he said. “They’ve been able to achieve something very special at an early age. It’s a proud moment to see the hometown team do as good as they have. It shows the heart, the pride and the determination that these young guys have and it’s motivating to us guys here in the locker room. They are a good role model for us.”

As the team prepares to play the Falcons on Saturday, they’ll be many Chargers keeping an eye on the locker room TV’s to catch a glimpse of the game and cheer for their hometown team.

Good luck Park View All-Stars!

2. Zot

Zot Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Wow, I played center field and pitcher at Park View Little League...forty years ago. This is great!!!
    :icon_toast:
    Later

3. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    Wow, you're old grandpa. JK JK.

GOOOOO SAN DIEGO COUNTY!!!!

I'll be tuning in tmr to watch the game.