1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers choose white duds for opener

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerMike, Aug 30, 2013.

1. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +325
    For the second year in a row, when the Chargers play their home opener, they will wear white jerseys and white pants.

The team is calling the game, Sept. 9th against the Texans, White Hot Monday Night.

White helmets. White jerseys. White pants. Do you like the look?

The Chargers also are urging fans to "white out" the stadium -- wear white and scream.

"It will be so cool to see a full stadium and everyone in white," Donald Butler said.

Here is an excerpt from the press release: The Chargers believe this move is another opportunity for the fans in the stands to make a tangible impact on the outcome of the game.

“We’re always looking to do anything we can that will give us an additional edge in the game. The home opener is a chance for the fans to make an immediate impact on our season,” CEO A.G. Spanos said. “Imagine a full stadium all in white, unified behind the team dressed all in white. It will be loud. It will be impressive. It will be intimidating. And it will give our players a huge emotional boost and even stronger home-field advantage.”

In the home opener last year, the Chargers routed the Titans despite being without Antonio Gates and Ryan Mathews. Titans quarterback Jake Locker, making his first by safesaver">career road start, looked confused and Titans linebackers appeared lost as Philip Rivers threw three touchdown passes to backup tight end Dante Rosario. Jackie Battle ran out the clock against a Titans defense that wore down. It wasn't a sign of things to come for the Chargers. At home the offense never ran for another touchdown. The Chargers lost five of their next six home games and, because not enough tickets were sold, four of those telecasts were blacked out. And one week after slamming the Titans, when the Chargers wore the all-whites on another toasty Sunday here, they lost to the Falcons 27-3.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/aug/30/dante-rosario-chargers-philip-rivers-titans/

2. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,732
    White helmets. White jerseys. White pants. White running backs. Ha-ha! Let's not go nuts! :roflmao:

3. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,218
    Getting my $20 special 2005 Spring sale white Rivers jersey ready for this one... I don't own any white pants, isn't it a faux pas to wear white pants after Labor Day? Unless you live near Miami I guess. Right, Doug? I might have to wear a bib so I don't get any BBQ sauce on myself during the tailgate...

4. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    White all year South of Orlando is acceptable. :tup:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,218
    ^^^ I take it you live North of there...

6. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    A bit North and a lot West. Haven't seen any AJ Smith shirts this way.

7. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,218
    ^^^ But I am sure you have seen a lot of those Norv Turner tank-tops around...

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +319
    Pointyearedog: Please keep the images you paint ^^^more wholesome. Some young kid could stumble upon this web site and become emotionally scarred for life.
    I mean, I've been through a war and a divorce, and the thought of a Norv Turner tank top still makes me shudder.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,218
    Remember, the emphasis is on the word "tank."