1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers Christmas For thoes who lost their home?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Oct 23, 2007.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I just thought of something and wanted to see if anybody else here thinks it's a good idea and/or has other suggestions.

I have and extra ticket for the Chargers/Donkos game on Christmas Eve. I know of quite a few other people who won't be able to make it due to Holiday travel but I'll have to ask them if they're up for it. Obviously, they're not my tickets to give away.

So I was thinking that if anybody else won't make it or has extra tickets, why not donate them as a Christmas gift instead of sell them.

This is what I'm thinking at this moment...
    If anyone in this forum lost their house or was referred to the forum, it's a first come/first serve basis.
    Let's say someone wants to bring their two kids and we have three together, they're his. But he must give his name and the names of the kids. That way, they are reserved for him to pick up.

And this is how they'd get them (to make sure fakes stay out)...
    Lets say someone named Mike Hock got my ticket. He will come to the Bolt Talk section, show his ID and he'll walk with me to the gate and I'll give him the ticket.
    These are strictly gifts!!!!!

So, what do you think?

2. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    Excellent idea. I think there should be a verification system put in place to eliminate frauds.

Search the Sandag website for the APN # or address on their property would bring up their name as the owner.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Absolutely!!
    Have that person send a copy of their ID and we'll see if the address matches any lost property in San Diego. That way they get put on the list and will receive their ticket(s) at the gate.

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Am I the only one who likes this idea? :icon_huh: :icon_shrug:

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I have nothing to offer in the way of tickets (living in VA), but I think it's an excellent idea.

Guess there's a real softie hiding behind those crazy eyes, B4L?? :yes:

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Oh well. It's a nice thought though.
    Softie... :lol: I guess you could say that. A kind heart is good to have!! :yes:

Anyway... If anybody here would like to donate unused tickets for the Charges/Donkos game on Christmas Eve. Please speak up!!!
    If I can get enough support, I'm going to try to get it in local newspapers and maybe even local TV news.

I plan to spending November to get tickets and December to hand them out.
    People who want the tickets will have to (postaly) mail me their ID and Fema number in order to avoid fakes.

I will also send those donating and collecting to Bolt Talk to get the info... if it's cool with the staff!!

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yeah, when I said softie I really meant that you're a thoughtful, kind person to think of this, B4L. Just had to bust on ya a little for those crazy eyes - they're pretty freaky!! :yes: