1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers.com jumps on the Podcast Bandwagon

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Jul 25, 2006.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FireReich #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +853
  2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I just listened to this whole "podcast". It starts out similar to one of our podcasts, but then turns into a Marty press conference. Not much else there. Actually, the only thing similar to our podcast is the "Super Chargers" theme music. Nothing against chargers.com, but by comparison, it really shows what a great job Ray and Loren do each week.

3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I wonder if BoltBaby had some input on this initial PodCast by Chargers.COM? :icon_huh:

4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
  5. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FireReich #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +853
    I think it's great that they are getting into it. It's another source for Chargers news. But here at BT, we are unmoderated and can say anything thats on our mind about the bolts. We try to represent not only the Chargers, but the most importantly the Charger fans.

I'd lik to think that we were pretty influential to the other Charger sites by starting the 1st Chargers Blog and Podcast. :yes:

"Bolt Talk, the Voice of the Charger fans." - Like that slogan?

6. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +853
    The Chargers have know about the podcast for some time now. I contacted them when I first started to ask them for permission to use the Super Chargers Song. Hopefully they are also fans of the BT podcast. :icon_smile:

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,889
    Try this one
    Bolt Talk: The cutting edge of Chargers football

I listened, yeah its a marty press conference. I try not to toot my own horn too much but the reason we are so successful is that we don't sound like tools. We have our own opinion on this matter, if the Bolts/City/Spanos does something stupid we don't toe the line for the Chargers FO. We call them on it. Why do you want to hear 1hr of toe the line when you can have 1hr of real talk on football. I wish them all the best, I have no ill towards them, but they got a long way to go to catch up to Ray & I

8. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    If they keep with the podcast, I'm sure it will get better. They have access that others don't. The Marty Press Conference wasn't a bad idea for the podcast, but IMO they should have condensed it to the highlights instead of playing the whole thing. Also, the co-host thing works between Ray and Loren. The chargers.com podcast had just one guy and he didn't give any opinion. He just introduced the show and went to the Press Conference. Didn't really add anything or have any insight. The potential is there for them to have a great podcast. We'll have to see if they make that happen or not. I think they might have to make a few tweaks to the show though.

9. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +853
    I too was by myself when I first started, and it was tough talking into a mic. But I know that they will get better. They have our show to learn from, and they definitley have better resources to get close to the Chargers.

But we have always been a different show. We give our personal takes (good or bad) on the bolts, and I really like the fact that i have a co-host with me rather than me going solo.

Like I said we, are unmoderated in the way we talk Bolts football, and we will continue to be that way. Plus the show is open to any Charger fan that wants to participate.

10. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    I WANT A PODCAST TOO WHAAAAAAA, GIVE ME ONE!!!:icon_rofl:

11. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +853
    Don't be suprised if another one or two Charger's podcast start up this season.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I would not doubt the Union Tribune gets on the Podcast bandwagon.

Chargers fans need an outlet to say "you know what, that dude sucks" and not worry about offending the status quo or cliques in a forum. That is all crap.

Everybody is tired of the canned speeches and if a brother can not be a brother in voicing what he feels, then that just ain't right. Screw that.

Long live free speech and if a player sucks....he sucks. If he has stones - then bravo - use them. :icon_mrgreen:

13. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    Yeah, you guys were doing podcasts when podcasts weren't cool. :icon_banana:

• Like Like x 1
  14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,889

No I joined when it was cool
    Otherwise I wouldn't have joined cuz I don't like to do stuff that isn't cool like not :icon_huh: :icon_rofl: