1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers.com will expand its draft coverage

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ghost_, Apr 13, 2009.

1. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    http://www.chargers.com/news/articl...-covered/65608dc3-48e3-453d-97aa-9246bd15e3ce

Chargers.com has the NFL Draft covered
    Casey Pearce
    Posted 43 minutes ago
    a a Chargers.com will expand its draft coverage this year with several new features, including a “Pick Cam” through which Chargers officials will announce each of the team’s picks before any other news outlet.
    For Chargers fans who want to be the first to know who their team is drafting in the 2009 NFL Draft, Chargers.com will be the place to be.

The team’s official website is expanding its draft coverage this year, bringing fans several new features to provide the quickest and most in-depth information on the newest members of the organization.

Through “Pick Cam,” a new camera feed located just outside the War Room, fans will hear each selection on Chargers.com BEFORE any other news outlet, including NFL Network and ESPN. As soon as General Manager A.J. Smith and his staff make their decision, a Chargers official will bring the player’s name to Pick Cam.

And for fans who expect to be out and about on Draft Weekend can sign up to receive text messages from the team as each choice is made. To receive these Draft Text Messages, sign up simply by texting CHARGE to 41513 or click here. Standard messaging rates will apply.

Immediately following the announcement of each pick, a key member of the Chargers’ front office will be live on camera to discuss the team’s newest member. In addition, fans will be able to hear directly from the newest Charger before he speaks with any other news outlets as Pick Cam will air a live telephone interview with each choice.

Sunday afternoon, fans will have the opportunity to have their questions answered by the Chargers’ first-round draft pick. Fans may email questions to (address), and the top pick respond through an on-camera Q&A session.

As always, Chargers.com will provide in-depth information, video highlights of each choice and live video of press conferences, include the introduction of the top pick upon his arrival in San Diego Sunday afternoon.

The NFL Draft starts at 1 pm PT on Saturday (April 25) with Rounds 1 and 2 held on the first day. Rounds 3 through 7 will take place on Sunday morning beginning at 7 am PT.

The Chargers currently own eight selections in this year’s draft. They’ll pick 16th overall in the first round and 78th in the third. They hold three choices in the fourth round, which come at the 113th, 133rd and 134th picks. They’ll also pick in the fifth (148), sixth (189) and seventh (224) rounds.

2. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    rad! text message updates here I come!

3. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Already signed up for the text messages, and will be up on draft day... AWESOME!

4. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106

if you guys want Chargers updates
    you guys should sign up for "Google Alerts"

anytime anything Chargers comes up they will send you an email with the link.:tup: then you can have your email send you a text about it.:tup: thats what i do:yes:

http://www.google.com/alerts?hl=en

for example here is one of the alerts i got today

Google News Alert for: San Diego chargers

Bleacher Report
    San Diego Chargers Trade for Braylon Edwards on Draft DayBleacher Report - San Francisco,CA,USA
    by Football Maniaxs (Senior Writer) This mock draft, unlike my previous four, will project trades. That simultaneously makes it more fun and less likely to ...
    See all stories on this topic

http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&q=ht...M0Sym4&usg=AFQjCNH60_yOIZd8qV5EibTFHhTPXrt4BQ

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    hehehe I do that already and funnel them to my google homepage and outlook - but it's too much for me to manage on my phone.

excellent suggestion tho - google alerts are handy handy handy

6. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Be sure to read the "fine print" before you sign up for ANY text alerts. Companies (and the Chargers may/man not be any different) often share/sell that info to other marketing companies. Next thing you know, you're getting texts from everywhere.