1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers could go after Albert Haynesworth...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    OK Lombardo has had some idiotic takes before, but I think this one beats them all. He has us trading VJ & Coop to Dallas for a second #1 pick next year, then sending both of our number one pics to Tennessee and offering Haynesworth a huge contract that the Titans just can't match.

I don't know what Lombardo has been smoking, but it must be some good stuff.

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Haynesworth is a beast of a DT & I'd welcome him to our team. But this scenario will never happen - not with AJ at the helm. Besides, even as dominating as Haynesworth can be, 2 first-rounders??

I need summa the **** their smoking ..... :lol:

3. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Sure, I'd love to have Haynesworth. He is a beast. But I don't think AJ would give up that much for any player. He hasn't done anthing like that so far and it's worked out. Why would he change now?

We've got a better shot at drafting the next Haynesworth type player than signing him in this scenario.

4. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    STOP WITH THIS STUPID CRAP!
    AJ IS NOT TRADING VINCENT JACKSON!!!

Holy ****ing ****, how many time is this guy going to talk about it?

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Haynesworth is only a beast the first half of the game. No thank you.

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Over-react much RIP?:icon_huh:

7. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Lombardo is a complete fool.

8. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    A-fukin-men!

9. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    It's the off season for Mike as well...his bs is in line with somma the bs posted here and other Charger sites :rolleyes2:

10. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    We need to get Albert Haynesworth quick status. Jamal is to ol now and his knees are shot! Pick him up A.J.:tup:

11. montanabolthead

montanabolthead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +30
    We may have Jamal's replacement. Lamar Devins. Physically, he's on the same plane and from what I've read, ability may be there as well.

Why go after Haynesworth? He is good, but the injury bug has been biting him just like it has Jamal. I'd rather have Jamal school our youngsters (McKinney, Bingham, Devins) and see which one emerges.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Haynesworth is a dominant DT, no doubt - when he's got his wind. He's a late-game fader.

Not to mention possible character issues.

I guess what I'm saying is, two firsts for Haynesworth would be really dumb.

13. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Lombardo's scenario is like trying to pick the first five finishers of a horse race... in order.

VJ and Coop to Dallas (yeah... right) for a #1...

Then trade that #1, plus the Chargers' own, to the Titans for Haynesworth...

And then pony up on a huge contract for Haynesworth.

Lombardo is just pulling this nonsense out of his ***.

14. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Man, when does the season start already? Enough of this nonsense!

15. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Somebody go find a Cowboys forum and ask if they'd give a #1 for VJ and Cooper. I doubt it.

Hayneworth would take all the cap space left for this year, in order to float a contract that the Titans wouldn't match. He'd also significantly eat into future caps, which would hamper re-signing some of our key players.

As others mentioned, he's a late game fader. He also is one foot stomp away from a one year suspension.

What if SD did trade VJ and Coop, then made the tender and TENN matched it? Then we're stuck without two starters for this season, and only a late #1 pick for NEXT YEAR to show for it. You can bet Lombardo would be the first guy ripping AJ for that.

16. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

Who is this DT Lamar Devins you speak of?

Can you dig up the scouting report on him?

oh, and that Lombard dude has his head up his ***

:lol:

17. NatroneMeansBusiness

NatroneMeansBusiness BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Two 1st Round picks to Tenn minus Cooper & Jackson?? No thanks that is a kings ransom and a lot of cabbage to pony up for fat Albert.

Maybe some of you have forgotten, but this is the same guy who curb stomped the helmet-less Andre Gurode on the field a couple yrs back. He also had problems with the law (an arrest warrant was issued against him but it was later dropped) And he also allegedly got into a fight with a teammate, kicked the dude in the chest from what I heard.

A great talent sure there is no disputing that but also a great headache.. Bottom line no thanks Tennessee.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Divens .... #71 on the Chargers roster. UDFA from Tennessee State that was a transfer from Vandy. 6'3" 330'ish

[​IMG]

TSU Divens says ineligibility more painful than injury

Some pics

Basically, the kid went to Vanderbilt and then transferred closer to home at Tennessee State. Vandy screwed up the transfer papers and it cost him most of a year. Then he got hurt.

The Chargers have a pretty good history of finding UDFA and UDFA DL (DQ Scott, Cesaire, Robinson, Louis Leonard ((poached last year off PS)) .... This kid has the size, let's see what he does on the field.

19. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Agree 100% :tup:

Only thing he's good for is giving us something to talk about during the off season with his ridiculous articles. Even that's debatable.

20. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    He is a piece of trash and I would never want him on the team. I hope AJ feels the same way.

21. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    If these minor media types (SDBoltReport, CFX, etc) would get interviews and put together interesting factual articles, then they might get more respect.

But, they go off into "analysis" which is rebuked by most fans, or they propose moronic trade after moronic trade, or ....

I'm all for more Chargers coverage, but playing fantasy GM isn't coverage.

22. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Lombardi

A for effort
    A for creativity (never thought about getting Haynesworth)
    D for intelligence (too much to give up, no guarentee we get haynesworth)

In addition I question Haynesworth's motivation - he played like an all-pro in his CONTRACT year but what has he done before then and what will he do when some team shells out the big bucks?

23. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    They should interview some of the BT members. :tup:

24. montanabolthead

montanabolthead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +30

He transferred to Vanderbilt from I believe, Tennessee State. Here are some partial stats:
    Biography:
    Won 5A Mr. Football honors. Named to First Team All-State Team and All-Midstate. Had 48 tackles, 12 tackles for loss, and 6 sacks as a senior.
    Scouting Report

Lamar Divens is a two-way lineman who could project as a defensive tackle or offensive center/guard in college. He is agile enough to play basketball on the prep level.

"I can clog up the holes and stop big plays. I'm a good pass rusher."

BPs 320/SQs 425/VJ 28.5

JR stats: 53 tackles

Final SR season (12-1) stats: over 60 tackles/15 sacks/4 FR/2 FC

25. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Lombardo :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

Dude has been hitting the crack pipe HARD!

• Like Like x 1
  26. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    'Specially the ones that still think LT pussed out :rolleyes2:

27. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Have you seen somma the bs bein tossed around here, or other Charger sites?? :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

28. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I don't recall anyone here pretending to be an accredited news source. Do you?

29. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    If a forum member states his opinion, it pretty much is confined to a thread. When these self described "experts" write something, it gets spread into multiple forums, and some even take it to be the truth.

30. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    In the case of the Norv hate, it was spread over several threads for several weeks/months, over at least two forums, by one self-described "expert", yada yada.

All I'm sayin is Lombardo isn't doin anything all that different from what goes on here and other Charger sites, 'cept mebbe he gets paid for it.