1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers counter Chiefs' star with a hog

Discussion in 'Latest Chargers News & Headlines' started by robdog, Dec 24, 2005.

1. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    <blockquote>Source: North County Times

By Jay Paris

KANSAS CITY, Mo. ---- In this hectic holiday season, it seems everyone is on the run, including the Kansas City Chiefs. They will point standout running back Larry Johnson at the Chargers today, hoping he will run his streak to eight consecutive 100-yard rushing games.

But the real point is who's at the defensive point of attack for the Chargers. That would be Jamal Williams, their massive nose tackle who is headed to his first Pro Bowl.

While other Chargers did cartwheels over the 6-foot-3, 248-pound Williams' selection, he shrugged his massive shoulders. There's another bowl he's gunning for, and it starts with Super.

"I'm trying to get to the big bowl, that's the main thing," Williams said. "It is a nice accomplishment, but my main thing is to help this team win. I've been through a lot of losing seasons around here."</blockquote>
    <a href="http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2005/12/24/sports/professional/chargers/22_50_5312_23_05.txt" target="_blank">
    <strong>Article Link</strong></a>