1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers-Cowboys not sold out

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

By Chris Jenkins , UNION-TRIBUNE
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 at 11:18 a.m.

The Chargers still are a few thousand unsold tickets shy of a sellout for Saturday's preseason game against the Dallas Cowboys at Qualcomm Stadium, having until 6 p.m. today to avoid a blackout.

Last weekend's game against the Chicago Bears was blacked out, as were both exhibitions in 2009. The two preseason games in 2008, including one with the Cowboys, were sold out and televised locally.

Still very much in doubt is the Chargers' regular-season skein of 48 consecutive sellouts of regular season games, dating back to the visit by the New Orleans Saints in 2004. The Chargers open the 2010 season at home against the hapless Jacksonville Jaguars.

2. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Chargers given extra day to avert blackout

By Chris Jenkins , UNION-TRIBUNE
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 at 6:48 p.m.

The Chargers have been granted a 24-hour extension by the National Football League to avoid a blackout of Saturday night's preseason game against the Dallas Cowboys at Qualcomm Stadium. The remaining 1,000 or so tickets must be sold by Thursday at 6 p.m.

Last weekend's game against the Chicago Bears was blacked out, as were both exhibitions in 2009. The two preseason games in 2008, including one with the Cowboys, were sold out and televised locally.

Still very much in doubt is the Chargers' regular-season skein of 48 consecutive sellouts of regular season games, dating back to the visit by the New Orleans Saints in 2004. The Chargers open the 2010 season at home against the hapless Jacksonville Jaguars.

3. Helljumper

Helljumper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +54
    Any chance this isn't blacked out? I really wanna be able to watch the game live.

4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    damn, if it's almost a sellout then that means there's gonna be a shitload of Cowboys fags there

:mad3:

5. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    True dat. Which is why I took my son to the Bears game last week. Last time Dallas was here for a preseason game, most of their fans were complete pricks.

6. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    You know only two things come from Texas... I'm looking at YOU, Tony Romo (even though he's a ΣΠ)

7. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    Cowboys fans from California make me sick.

8. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Cowboys fans from Texas make me sick as well. 10 years in the Navy surrounded by them will do that to ya

9. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072

they are complete pricks for regular season games also.

10. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I am a Cowboy fan second. :bolt:

11. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    Most of my family is Cowboy fans (though we do a couple of Redskin fans, a Raider fan , and a Viking fan mixed in as well) so having to live with their fair-weather whining for 18 years will also do that to ya :lol:

I went to the Cowboy-Charger game last year and was stuck in the middle of a bunch of Cowboy fans minus one or two Bolt fans.... Worse game I've ever been to. After the Bolts won, there were a couple of enthusiastic (and drunk) fans that felt anyone in a Bolt jersey was mocking them and deserved to be punished.

I got out of there fast. Especially after they took a swing at one of the other guys there.

So yeah, Cowboy fans can go **** themselves.

12. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Has the ticket office sold enough tickets yet? How many are left? 500? 300? 20?

Pointy :icon_shrug:

13. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    im guess it is gonna Magicaly sell out...

14. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    From Twitter.....

ChargersPRguy - TV blackout lifted; Chargers-Cowboys on live in SD on KFMB-TV (Ch. 8) and LA on KCBS-TV (Ch. 2).
    7 minutes ago via web