1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers Draft Marcus Gilchrist with 50th pick

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Apr 29, 2011.

1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    I don't get this one? Is he the future jammer replacement potentially?

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    More likely the future Weddle replacement.

3. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    I think we should have drafted way more [​IMG]

4. SDBoltzFan

SDBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    I just watched a highlight reel of him from a Georgia Tech game. Not impressed at all.

5. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +275
    this was a bu11shit pick... pure and simple. That must be some goooood tequila that they are serving in the Chargers war room. This guy was a 3-4 rounder and we spent the #50 pick on him. just what we needed another crappy, short CB.... can anyone say Sammy f-ing Davis????

6. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58

I wish he would let us in on his plan at least after the fact. We better draft a wr right now.

7. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    5'11 is short for a corner, sorry thats news to me

8. cy18

cy18 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I was high on Gilchrist going into this draft. It's a good pick.

9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Looks like a possible returner to me. Seems he is willign to hit... Probably will get dime play. What is soo bad?

10. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I kinda like Gilchrist. Wasn't a great value pick at this point, but he's got some potential to be a great nickle, or maybe even start at FS if we lose Weddle.

I don't give two shits about his return ability, its all theoretical at this point.

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    He's Steve Gregory with the ability to return kicks/punts

That's it basically; nickel/dime back, backup safety, return guy. Pathetic pick in the second round and, oh yeah, he was rated as a fourth rounder

12. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    :lol: yeah that rating system is soo accurate. Hey when did Mr. should go first overall taken again?

13. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    That was cuz of a knee cartiliage injury that didn't come out in public until a couple days before the draft. Its not a matter of if the injury sidelines him, its a matter of when. Most people don't think he'll make it through a full rookie contract.

Really it annoys me when people like you roll their eyes at guys like Kiper, McShay, and Mayock. If you had any idea at how hard it is to just watch film of some 300+ players and assign values to them....and then end up right on 27 of 32 first round values, thats pretty damn impressive. Try it sometime, give me the names of the 32 guys going in the 1st round next year without looking at another draft site, and see if you can do better than 27.

14. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    These guys work off of teleprompters in the desk. The production staff sends them crib notes. They work this seven days a week during spring college sessions, summer training camp and the season. They get summaries from affiliate stations. Disney owns most of them and the ABC affiliates feed them stuff all year long. These guys have been in their heads from the time they were recruited in high school. If these guys were working on the fly they'd make more verbal gaffs. Hacksaw has always been a big one for working on the fly. It shows.

15. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Whatever about Gilchrist, the Mouton pick is indefensible.