1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers-Eagles-Titans trade???

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by two1, Apr 19, 2015.

1. two1

two1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +24
    This new Chargers-Titans-Eagles trade idea is nuts and I love it

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/201...itans-eagles-trade-idea-is-nuts-and-i-love-it

If this goes down like this I think it may be the best case scenario. I mean it seems like PR is set on not being apart of any move, and as much as I'm against getting rid of a to tier QB, I can't imagine what we'd all be saying next year if PR left and we ended up with nothing!!! We'd all be asking why didn't they do something when we had the chance and crying about how incompetent our front office and coaches are. We have to look out for our future, PR has been well compensated, now may be the best time to move forward.

2. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    Its an interesting idea but I worry that Sam Bradford is just to injury prone to rely heavily on. St Louis obviously thinks so and they should know him better than anyone!

3. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    I think Bryce Petty is one too watch as a potential QB for the Chargers in the 2nd or 3rd round!

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Why in the hell would we give up PR17 for Sam Bardford?

So Eagles would end up with the young QB we would theoretically want, and we would get an extra first round pick and second round pick... And have to play through a season with a rookie RB (we HOPE) and Bradford?

No thank you.

This looks like another of Gennaro's fish for clicks articles.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Lots of heads will spin and explode if that scenario were to happen, but since it's less than a fortnight prior to the 2015 Draft, let's just have some fun with this...

All the 4 top tier Draftees for the Chargers will almost have to become immediate contributors and all can't misses in order to garner the extra number of wins that Rivers would almost guarantee us on his own, versus the guarantee of any Bradford/Clemens combo!

But as you had said, Rivers may only be good for one more year as a Charger (we will get a very high compensatory pick if he just walks)

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Chargers will Franchise him, that gives them up to 3 years barring a retirement or extended nasty hold out scenario doesnt it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Yes, they can but no one would want to work with a discontent dissident! But yeah, they have other options than just letting Rivers walk. We are just being amused by these "click-bait" rumors since it is so close to the D-Day ;)

8. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    More pre-draft smoke blowing. Rivers ain't going anywhere.

9. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    If we place the exclusive franchise tag on him and don't match the offers that he receives, we could end up with multiple 1st round picks (or at least a 1st and 3rd) in compensation.

So like I've been saying, the Chargers hold allll of the cards right now in a trade scenario with Tennessee. They should at minimum be offering us #2 and #33 if not more just to part with him early.

I don't know if it's possible to make this trade work due to the Titans being unable to talk to Rivers right now (tampering), and therefore unable to talk long term contract. But I wouldn't slam the door on and stick my head in the sand and say there is no way it happens.

10. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Interesting rumor. Bradford is not a bad QB at all, and our O-Line is getting better. Having the 17 and 20 picks gives us the ability to pick up a very good OG/OT and really solidify the line. Maybe that would keep Bradford healthy. The other pick shores up the D-line/OLB.

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    This is a disaster of an idea

I have been converted into the idea that mariotta can be a franchise QB and that he could play well in NFL. Not sure about getting rid of our guy but a trade of rivers for mariotta is viable.

But this?

Yes we get four picks in the top 40. I’ll remind you that all draft picks are crap shoots. No guarantee even with Telesco of incoming dominance. Could we rebuild with this? No doubt. Could you become a team that is a force with this? Possibly

But.

You go from a top 10-12 QB in rivers and instead get a constantly injured more expensive QB in the last year of his contract. Doesn’t matter how good the OL Bradford will be out by the first quarter of the year and then we are left with Clemens who at best is tolerable. This means we will be WORSE this year.

Next year (unless we somehow miraculously end up with Eagles first next year) we are in a position just like this year of desperately needing a starting QB in a draft year where again there might be two at most. You can’t dominate in this division without a good QB and come 2016 with this trade you wouldn’t even have a tolerable QB unless Bradford has the year of his life.

I’d tear my hair out at this trade. I don’t think this is even pound foolish to penny wise. It’s penny foolish to pound wishful thinking.

12. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,417
    Remember that dumbass three way trade proposal I mentioned in the other thread about this that I said must have been written by an Eagles fan?

Yeah, this was it and I can't understand how any Chargers fan would like this.

We basically give Rivers up for a low 1st, high 2nd, and an injury prone bust who's on the last year of his contract just like Rivers is without being half as good.

In what world is this something a Chargers fan gets excited about?

13. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,417
    And the Eagles get the #2 overall for a low 1st and Bradford?

Yeah, that's why I presumed an Eagles fan drummed this shitfest up.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,417
    Why would the Chargers do this when they can just give Rivers to Tennessee for #2 straight up and walk away with Mariota?

Don't get me wrong, I'd hate that as well, but it'd make more sense than this.

15. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +449
    Did AJ dream that up?

16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,417
    So, if the Titans are willing to give up their 1st and 2nd round picks for Philip Rivers, I'm forced to ask why they don't give those picks directly to the Chargers instead?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    ^^^ You can't approach this logically. What's wrong with you? :laugh:
    Epic movie. The two Bobs.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Haven't you heard?! Chip Kelly is the new Mad Genius and all incomprehensible deals must now go through him ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    #2 is a super high pick, but I still see it as selling low. We could just franchise tag Rivers next year, let him get signed away by a team like Tennessee, and take their 2 first round picks as compensation giving us 4 first round picks in 2016 and 2017 combined. That's a ton of draft flexibility.

If nobody wants to pay the two 1sts, then we keep Rivers! Or if he threatens to holdout or retire we work out a sign and trade with someone for a lower cost, but I highly doubt it ever comes to that.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    Trade or not, I'm curious to see if Rivers talks to the media tomorrow

21. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,417
    Like I said in the post, Rivers for #2 straight would be stupid as well. I was merely contrasting that to the **** for brains offer in the first post that makes even that look good by comparison.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +687
    This sounds more like Bolts from the Crack Pipe. Bradford? Seriously? An epic 1st pick bust.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,417
    I don't know if I'd label Bradford an epic 1st pick bust. He has talent, it's just of no use when he's on the IR where he has a vacation home.

"Epic" is more of the JaWalrus category.

But that's splitting hairs over an adverb. "Bust" still fits, lol

24. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    So long as we are just making **** up, how about a Chargers-Eagles-Titans-Dolphins-Packers-Broncos-Saints-Falcons-Steelers trade?

25. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +302
    To me, the Rams were just a good QB away from being a legitimate playoff team. I do not know why we would ever wish to revert to their former QB tandem of Bradford and Clemens.

All of the possible trades that I have seen in the media fail to offer the Chargers even close to enough consideration under some belief that the team's sky is falling tomorrow with respect to Rivers. That assertion seems dubious to say the least.

If we are going to trade Rivers to TEN, we should get back TEN's first and second this year and their first round pick in 2016, nothing less.

But if we do trade Rivers, I would prefer a trade to the Vikings that brought us the #11 pick, Adrian Peterson and Teddy Bridgewater. RB and QB would be taken care of and we would be in a position to draft two difference makers (say Shelton and Dupree) right away.

On player talent, I think that trade is in our favor, but Peterson does not want to play for the Vikings right now and that situation could get messy (hold out). In addition, there is negative PR associated with him. To me, Peterson is the case where a team might be willing to take less to unload a player, not the situation with Rivers. The trade described would allow the Vikings a graceful way to cut ties with Peterson and we could even throw in our 5th-6th round pick to make the deal look better on their end.

But unless the offer is the roughly the equivalent of three first round draft picks (Titans' second round pick is pick #33, Peterson and Bridgewater were both first round picks), I see no reason to trade an elite QB like Rivers at all. All of these media trade suggestions have been pure nonsense in that respect.

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    So are you suggesting we get #11, keep #17, get Bridgewater and AP all for Rivers and a 5th and 6th? why would they do that? even if we threw in our #17 why would they do that? If this was Fantasy Football and you approached me with just a player trade like this, I'd tell you to go fly a kite, so throwing their #11 for our #17 wouldn't get it done either.

Minnesota loves Bridgewater and truly believe he is their QB of the future, he was considered the steal of last years draft. Now why would they throw in AP as a kicker when they said they want a kings ransom (1st rounder and multiple other picks) Sure AP wants out, but a trade like this would be career suicide for that front office. Much like Rivers interest in L.A. I think his only 2 preferences would be San Diego and Tennessee

27. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    Please elaborate :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
    What the heck is going on with this team right now? It started out going great, re-sign Flowers, bring over franklin, bring over a few key pieces. Now, There is talk about Rivers being disgusted with the franchise and now reports saying Weddle isbasically begging and pleading to re-sign with the Chargers and them replying that they're not interested in doing that at the moment? or if at all?

Smoke screens or B.S. reports, I am so freaking confused what is happening right now.

29. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,031
  30. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Eagles - get nobody
    Titans - get nobody
    Dolphins - get nobody
    Packers - get nobody