1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers ****ed up by getting rid of Brees

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MountainDew, Nov 24, 2008.

1. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    This guy would of been THEE best Charger QB ever if he was still here!, but we have this retard named Rivers :tdown:

2. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    Go check who's the "retard" a top the QB ratings

3. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Brees wouldn't have been any better without an Oline.

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I like Brees. It was a tough decision to make but we made the right one!!! :yes:

5. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    So marry him.

6. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Uh Conc... where are you? I believe this is merge worthy :lol:

8. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Marry him.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    How many arm chair GMs are going to continue to live in the past?

Boo-hooo Bress is gone.
    Boo-hooo Marty is gone.

Whaaaaa!

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Fixed!!!

Bring back Gilbride!!! That's the direction we're headed so why not flush it ALL?!!!
    Talk about "live in the past..." that's what your doing now. About 10 years in the past!!!

11. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    swallow his mole goo

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    BTW... those who didn't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    So you pine for Gilbride now and blame others of living in the past. Are you done rubbing one off on that picture of Marty yet? :lol:

14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    No. You love losing!!!
    You give me a hard time because I think we should be looking towards winning a Super Bowl instead of sticking with the same GM so he can continue to flex his ego. We are not the San Diego AJs.

Look. It's didn't take an Einstein to see that firing the HC in March is stupid as **it!!!
    It doesn't take an Einstein to see that Norv was a bad hire either from the very beginning!!! That's one element of the past that shouldn't have been overlooked!!!

Who pizzed in your coffee this morning?

15. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    To be honest. Both brees and RIvers are above average qb's. Both have different abilitys that they are really good at.

Only thing I'm upset about is brees got hurt so we couldn't trade him for draft picks. Or they may have kept brees and traded Rivers for good draft picks. Got a feeling that really really pizzed A.j. off when brees got hurt. That wasn't good for the team and its ability to keep building. Not good at all.

When it happened I knew we got screwed some good draft picks. Very sad moment.

16. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    I want to have his babies :tup:

17. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Lick his taint.

18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    What a joke. You got me, canned response #5... Anytime you get bent it is either someone likes losing or they are not a *real fan, because you own season tickets... (insert jackoff smilie)

No, I give you a hard time because you have no sense or thought process. If there is not instant progress you scream and throw temper tantrums of a two year old because you want everything blown up. You would have blown up Dallas in Aikman's first year with your grand planning and demands. You need to open your eyes and use your head as something other than a hat rack. Think for a moment before posting because in 2 years you have not had one original though posted here. What you have posted shows a distinct lack of football intelligence and understanding of the game.

So you say. Would you say that next season if we are 7-4 and in control of the west? Bottom line, Norv cant get out there and play. Players have been under achieving, and the coaches share the blame. But something that wont seem through that thick skull of yours is there is more than one or two people to blame. The Chargers will have to have a fresh start. So if you want to go cry in a corner, cover up and keep what little shred of dignity you have left.

In your opinion. News flash, many here share that opinion. You, me, them have ZERO ability to affect, modify or impact that. So stop making every post the some old ****! We get it, you hate everything Chargers because they don't hire a genius like you for GM. Get over it and move on. Stop posting the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over!

You did, you with your asinine posts that say the same thing and show absolutely no sense at all.

19. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    ur avatar should have your picture in it instead of teds

20. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Uhhhhhh. This progress started in 2002. AJ worked under John Butler (bless his heart). Aj took the reigns in 2003. What is "instant" about this progress (or lack of)?

Practice what you preach. If you look ate your recent posts in other threads... they're the same thing(s) over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over!

Stop trying to censor people, Tipper Gore.
    I thought you were one of the smarter posters in here.

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Take reading retention classes. You are the one who goes atomic if there is not instant progress. Your tell me spanky.

I am not censoring you in any way. Nice try, victim card played yet again. Anything new in your bag of tricks?

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

6 years is NOT instant progress!!!

I thought you were one of the smarter ones in here.

23. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Copy and paste response. Hey have you discovered cntrl-c and cntrl-v yet or are you still going to the edit menu?

24. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    Actually if you compare the two QB's in their first 3 seasons as starters Rivers wins by a landslide. Rivers does give the ball away in the redzone now more than he did before but I think that is a direct result of Norv not being creative in the redzone and the team not being able to execute.

Norv really needs to work on his playcalling ability. There were no less than three times when LT got 6-8 yards on 1st down only for Norv to run up the middle the very next play. Now it normaly wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that the defence knew what was coming every single time. LT either got maybe a yard or negative yardage on the following run. The beauty of getting so many yards on first down is the fact that you can do so many things on second down in that very same running formation. playaction pass deep if you want to be aggresive or maybe playaction and have tolbert sneak out in the flat to get you 3 or 4 yards easy. run some slants, ANYTHING that takes advantage of the fact that the defense is probably gearing up for the run up the middle!!! Make them think twice about what they call on defense and you can bet the team that they'll think twice about stacking the line on 2nd and 3 from now on.

Can somoene please tell me why Norv is considered an offensive guru?

edit: Actually after thinking about it, the playaction pass to tolbert in the flats would be perfect considering that he DOESN'T BLOCK ANYONE anyways and would get out there pretty quick.

25. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Eddie, I love ya man, but you are so wrong it hurts.

Rivers is the reason we at least have 4 wins. Rivers. He is the leader of the team. He has throw more TDs than Drew, and is ranked higher amongst the best QB's in the league. Brees was NEVER the leader here that Philip has been. How many come from behind wins did Drew create when he was here? 1, maybe 2 tops? Rivers did that **** HIS FIRST YEAR STARTING. ONe the road. IN DENVER (where your precious Drew NEVER won).

Also, don't let those 300+ yards Brees threw for last night fool you. 2 of those plays were little dink and dunk passes that THE RECIEVERS took for huge gains AFTER the catch.

RIVERS > Brees

26. gobolts_charger

gobolts_charger BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Rivers is in his 3rd year starting....go back & check Brees in his first 3 yrs....give him a chance!!

27. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    B4L is a WARRIOR.:flag:

28. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    No, more of a crusader. He has a cause and will not deviate from his path.

29. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I am strictly a MAC user and I know the key commands.

And you're Eric Cartman!!! :yes: