1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers ever closer to heading for the hills

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by reg, Jul 2, 2008.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

and become the MLB?

No way, but if they do, bye-bye. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya

:icon_evil:

2. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Were the Chargers to leave SD I'd be devastated and I live in Ireland for chrissakes. How could one continue to support them?. San Diego and Chargers are so inter-linked, so good for each other. It would be very difficult for me to take. I don't know if I would be able to suport them but then again it is not like I am going to move to another team jeeeeeeeeez. :unsure:

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
  4. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Maybe we need to have a bake sale or something to raise money for a stadium. :no:

Seriously, I thought this would have already been resolved by now when the stadium issue was first brought up. I hope everything works out for the Chula Vista site, because I don't see any other options at this point.

5. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    :puke:

6. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    This whole thing is depressing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...If the NFL turns into a version of MLB...I'm out. The NCAA has it's faults but I'd rather follow college ball than root for teams in an uneven playing field run by Jerry Jones, Kraft, Snyder, etc. I'm not really a baseball fan so as much as the Yankees annoy me, MLB can sleep in the bed they made. MLB should have implemented some sort of cap but chose something as stupid as revenue sharing.

By the way..for the fans from down under, "ROOT" may have a completely different meaning for you? I have a couple of married friends in New Zealand one of which was a male from America. He coached a youth soccer team once they moved there and made the mistake of telling his kids to root for one another. Caused quite a stir among the parents :icon_rofl:

8. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    If the NFL does away with the salary cap I will stop being a fan. We already stand to lose our team to another city; to see enforced competitiveness taken away would be the killing blow.

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    NFL - No Fan Loyalty

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    thanks for the cheerful news guys, appreciate it

11. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I thought for the longest time that if they moved I could no longer be a fan. But I feel like the Spanos family has been doing all they can to stay there, so I wouldn't blame them. There are only 32 NFL teams in the world, and if San Diego isn't willing to work with them to get something done, and somebody else is, why wouldn't they move? People will play the "they are billionaires, why should we build them a stadium" card, but facts are fact. Some city would love to have an NFL team, and they will have suitors.

12. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    I'm with you on the MLB. I almost don't even care about baseball anymore because it has become the Yankees, Red Sox, Mets and everybody else league. The Padres don't seem to be interested in trying to do anything other than contend for a division title, and they aren't even doing that now.

13. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I live on the east coast, and like dublin, I would be crushed if they moved. I don't think I would support them, and I don't enjoy watching other games, so yeah this sucks.

14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I don't care who's fault it is. It doesn't change the fact that the ONLY people getting screwed are the fans!!!

Chargers move out of San Diego, that is my last resort.
    Then I will say "to Hell with NFL!!!"

15. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    You are correct, the fans will be the only ones who give a ****. The people in San Diego who have a blind hatred for anything Spanos will be thrilled. Donna Frye will be thrilled. All the other "who needs the Chargers" people won't care.

I will still love the game of football, and I'm sure I will still like whatever players are on the Chargers. It will suck, but the city of San Diego has a rare commodity, one of 32 NFL teams, and they don't seem to care about retaining it.

Obviously my first choice is that they stay put, but that keeps looking less and less likely. IF they leave, I hope they end up in that new yard in Industry. Looks like it's going to be a great place, and it's a shorter drive for me. But that won't happen because Roski reportedly wants a piece of a team, and the Spanoses reportedly don't want to give up any of the team. Vegas would be cool, but that won't happen. San Antonio would really suck.

16. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    The fans arn't the reason income is low, advertising is extremely limited in a stadium like the Q, and they dont have crap for luxury boxes which is a HUGE source of income for other teams.

If I'm the Charger brass, I leave just to spite the city of San Diego, but I hope they can stay.

17. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

Welcome to the Middle Class, brother

:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

18. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Just my wild guess. But all this new stadium talk has always been about the nfl wanting a super super bowl caliber stadium in SoCal.

JUst wish the nfl had told the chargers and the people of san diego they needed such and such of a stadium back when san diego thought they had money in the city coffers when they did the remodeling.

19. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Ah, ****. :icon_sad:

20. SDsportsnut

SDsportsnut BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    A friend of mine possed this questions to me yesterday and I was not sure of what my answer would be so I wanted to see what you all would say. His question was:

If the Chargers (god Forbid) were to move to LA due to our city Govt having their collective heads in their areses and 5 years later they were able to pull them out and build a stadium, that lured (cough) the Raiders to San Diego, which team would be your team?

This may not be a big deal for those fans who are not associated with this city, just a general fan of the team, but for me being born and raised here and beleiving you should always support the home team this was tough to answer.

21. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    Oh HELLLLLL no. I would be at the forefront of the angry mob of pitchfork wielding Charger fans that would drive that sack of **** organization right out of San Diego.

22. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    any SD fan that would vote 2 give AL a stadium or give him their money should be beat w/ a sock full of penneys:icon_evil::icon_evil:

23. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

lol. I highly doubt that!!!

24. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    [​IMG]

25. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    [​IMG]

26. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Here's something I found regarding that Gaylord Project...

GAYLORD