1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers excited about progress of top two rookies

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I think both Hester and Cason are really going to contribute this season.

2. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +687
    All those draftniks are going to be busting out the kneepads when they have to revisit the draft and give service to AJ.

I just think Hester is going to really surprise a lot of people. :yes: Dude runs with purpose.

3. floridaboltfan

floridaboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    I think Cason is one of the missing pieces for a sb he will be better than florence ( at least he wont commit a personal foul every other play). Hester is going to be a great change of style player for LT and did anyone see his runs against Florida this year, when the team needs a yard he goes and takes it.

4. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    "but also to act as a safety valve in an improved passing attack. "

that dump pass in the flat to the FB is gonna have a whole different result this year... than balls clanking off the FB's hand or the FB falling down... I do think the running over the defender part will still be the same tho... :lol:

5. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    I agree, Lo Neal many times seemed to have a wide open field, but would only manage to get 2 or 3 yards.

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Well even when he was playing for the titans and bengals he was known as a BLOCKING fullback - he was the best at that but wasn't very good even then at anything else. Hester has the potential to be a better jack of all trades but I highly doubt he'll be as good as LoNeal at blocking.

7. henryqjr2001

henryqjr2001 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Cason will just make our secondary that much stronger. Hester just gets on to the Super Bowl. Go Bolts!!!:bolt:

8. henryqjr2001

henryqjr2001 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Hester is a stronger and faster back then Burner and Lo Neal combined:icon_eek:. This the year the Chargers beat the STOMACH!!!:bolt:

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Cason will be an improvement over DFlo for sure
    Weddle will be a vast improvement over Mcree for sure
    Hester will be more versatile then Neal

Super Bowl

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Hester will be the steal of the draft.

11. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    He had that big neck roll and big shoulder pads, it's a wonder he could catch anything at all.

This offense is going to be doing great things if those passes in the flat start actually working for us now. :yes:

12. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Considering that play is ALWAYS open, nail on the head.

13. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I agree. CAson seems to be smart along with good physcal talent. And if hester can get those tough yards most of the time I think we can finally win this whole thing.

14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Cason is a solid addition to the secondary. Not particularly fast, but very fluid & has good anticipation. He'll make an impact in nickel & dime situations.

Hester is gonna be a beast in this offense. We really haven't had a guy that could pound the rock like him since Natrone. I mean, LT can get tough yards, but we all know that he's much better in space.

Fake pass to Hester in the flat, hit LT on the skinny post route,

TOUCHDOWN, SAN DIEGO!!!!!!!

:bolt: :bolt: :abq2: :bolt: :bolt:

15. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    If YOU ran the opposing defense, would YOU bother to cover Lo Neal in the flat?!? Doubt it! :lol:

Hester, on the other hand, WILL draw coverage.... which means somebody else will be more open than they otherwise would have been.

It's all a chess match, and I love that Norv now has more Castles, Knights and Bishops to work with, in place of some of the Pawns. :icon_banana:

16. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Precisely! Hester's presence will be a huge factor in spreading the defense. :tup: