1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers Fan SUES the Chargers for a Refund

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Trumpet_Man, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    http://www.kffl.com/hotw

Chargers | Fan sues team for refund
    Sun, 22 Jul 2007 11:48:50 -0700

Brent Schrotenboer, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports a fan is suing the San Diego Chargers because he has not received a refund for playoff tickets he paid for that were not used. The lawsuit states the Chargers had fans buy tickets for the two playoff games that the team could have played at home. The new England Patriots defeated the Chargers in the divisional round. Kells Christian, the man who filed the lawsuit, said the team told him that if he wants a refund, he will have to send the team a written demand and a copy of his driver's license. The Chargers issued a statement stating "Mr. Christian's story is that he called the Chargers and asked us for a refund. He states that we asked him to put the request in writing along with a copy of his driver's license. Rather than comply with that reasonable request, he chose to file a lawsuit."

2. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Whoever this fans is, well, they sound like they are being an unreasonable miserable prick. :tdown:

3. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    It pretty well sucks that snippet is the only Bolt news on KFFL. Thankfully, the Rooks report to Camp tomorrow - this has been a dry week for news, and thus a "wet" week otherwise. ;) :icon_toast:

4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I remember when I had my season tickets and threatened to burn them in the parking lot at the next home game. I think it was 94, when we started out 0-4. They invited me down to discuss it, well to make a long story short, they upgraded my tickets and fed me lunch. I thought that was really cool. That season turned out pretty damn good as I recall.:bolt:

5. humbolt

humbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    I believe a business who knows it owes a refund to a consumer should be required by law to make the refund, without making the consumer apply for it. It should be a consumer right that can't be voided by a contract. I believe that is what this lawsuit is about.

6. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    ROTFL! After reading that it makes me think of the way you send it for your REBATE after buying a computer peripheral, program, etc. :)

It is a freaking inconvenience but worth suing over?:no:

7. DefenseWins

DefenseWins Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +246
    That is also <unfortunately> the "top" story of the Charger section on the UT, posted yesterday.

I would agree that the Chargers requirement to specifically request the refund isn't great...

...but turning it into a lawsuit is ridiculous :tdown:

8. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    At the very least, the guy needs to identify himself. Asking for a copy of his drivers license to verify his request seems prudent.

He could be any dikkhead or somebody calling as a prank on another Chargers fan.

Worse yet what if this asss-wipe looking for a refund were a Raiders fans looking to "get one over" on a real fan. Fuc that.

9. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    That was '92. In '94 we started out 6-0. I doubt you would have burned your tickets then.

10. humbolt

humbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    If it's an issue of making sure the person who bought the ticket is the person who receives a refund, then I don't have a problem with the demand/ID requirement. Unless it's a season ticket holder. In that case the ticket office ought to be required to send a refund check to the name and and address of the season ticket holder. Nobody else can cash the check.

If the intent of the demand/ID policy is to capitalize financially off the human tendency to procrastinate, well I don't think that should be legal. Sometimes it takes a court case to sort through these issues. A lot of law becomes law not through legislative action but by court decisions, especially in the arena of business.

11. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886

Thanks, thats why I said "I think". I just know it turned out to be a great year and I kept my tickets until I moved away. I will say, the Chargers treated me fairly, I was very pleased with them.:bolt:

12. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    x2 what an A-HOLE

13. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Don't we have enough of 'em ..... :lol:

14. Rule12b

Rule12b Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116
    Hey now.

I suggest inviting him to the tailgate, We'll serve him nice steaming golden ale from Trumpy's "cup". . .

15. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Good .... he's just an idiot then ..... :lol:

16. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    :icon_eek: - :icon_rofl:

The "P" Cup has made me money. :abq2:

For those who are not up to speed, I charge a .25 lifetime royalty fee to have access to the "P" cup (a plastic 64 ounce Big Gulp cup to urinate in) at the tailgaters.

I had one dude hand me $20.00 and said keep the change. When you gotta go, dude you gotta go. :lol:

17. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    It's Mike Aguirre. :icon_rofl:

18. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Or the onion or the Chargers. It would be nice to know who this guy is and where he lives.:missing:

19. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    The plaintiff, Kells Christian, was informed by the team that he would not receive a refund unless he sent .......

• Like Like x 1
  20. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I jes walked over to the porta potty over at F-3 right across the way :yes: :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

21. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I peed in Tony's trumpet ..... :yes:

22. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    There is a photo of it floating around that shows it still dripping!:yes:

23. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I refilled his beer!

24. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Boys, camp starts this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana: