1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers fans get first taste of stadium's new rules

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by thejdog, Aug 13, 2006.

1. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I can understand the "no bottles" thing, as you have the penchant for glass shards littering the lot and cutting up car tires.

However, the parking fees are outrageous. When it begins to cost you as much as, or even more than, to park at the stadium for 8 home games, as it does to purchase season tickets, something's wrong.

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Yeah parking is getting way too pricy. For a cheap ticket is what? $60, now tack on what $20 for parking. Thats getting 'spensive in my budget book.:icon_sad:

3. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I thought beer was best stored in da bellay?!

4. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    leave the bottles in the cooler and pour the beer into a plastic cup. ;) Jiust hide it from the cops and you are fine. Anyways the rules are not in effect for another 30 days.

5. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Transfer the beer to used plastic apple juice containers. ;)

6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Here is the area we normally park. This photo was taken ONE HOUR before kickoff and stayed this way until after the game. I took a shot of the parking lot adjacent to show everyone how the Chargers GOLD ZONE PARKING is all bullshit and has failed. The CHargers took our spot and did nothing to improve the experience other than labeling each stall with "your" number. Fuc that. We get there early enough to claim our spots or get damn close so the Chargers really did nothing but lose money on this deal. We had our long time tailgaters walk the entire ring and there were may a dozen cars in this area.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The parking lot is jammed packed and this is around 6:00 PM

7. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    you should've taken a picture of the pot hole covered up with the piece of sheet metal.

8. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I will take that picture at the next game. You are right Leo. That is hazardous and too simple to fix. Jim Steeg needs to get his *** out and walk the parking lot and see the bazillion holes and chickenshit repairs where people can get seriously injured.

The porta potties in some areas were not pumped out according to Compubolt.......Nothing got better in my view.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I kinda supported the idea of putting tailgaters in a specific area to make more room for parking but the fees and restrictions are completely insane. I don't know why they've got such a bug up their *** but I'm getting relaly annoyed.
    Btw no glass bottles, I can understand it but frankly, alot of beers don't come in anything else. Guiness, Corona, etc dont

10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I find myself concerned with the reputation of Bolttalk.com.

The fact that at a forum sponsored tailgater we had underaged drinking is apauling to me.

T-bone, thumper how could you let anteater drink a beer there where it reflects on us all!

:lol:

11. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    If the CHargers would put out more trash cans for the fans, then maybe we would not see **** overflowing into the parking lot.

They curtailed the amount of RV's and did nothing to increase the number of porta potties to compensate for more people using the facilities so we have **** overflowing in the porta potties in most cases.

Hell they do not even get pumped out after the SDSU games and I bet the Chargers get double billed and do not even know it from the **** pumping companies.

12. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Sumbiatch had a beer in his hand when he walked up. We ain't his mother. :icon_mrgreen:

13. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Actually, you can get Guiness in a can.

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    The Cinci/Skins game kinda sucks.

15. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I understand what you are saying but if the biitch were setting you up for a lawsuit such as attempted murder, would you just sit back and do nothing?

There are liabilities where someone could get seriously hurt and negative press is something the Spanos clan can ill afford.

There was a flimsy piece of sheet metal (2' x 2') covering a deep hole (18" or so) which could be filled with a couple of bags of asphalt. Cars were running over this candyass piece of sheet metal which just popped up like a mexican jumping bean when struck.

16. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Insurance is one thing....negative press cuts to the BONE !!!!!!

I will take a picture at the next game for all to see......

17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    The Chargers own the Q? I believe if we investigate you will find that they simply LEASE the Q. As a leasie, they are not responsible for the upkeep of the staduim.

San Diego is. Complain to the city.

18. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    She's legal .... and cute.

19. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I will still go to the games.

These were more than pot holes.

More like sinkholes.

20. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    So how'd y'alls $.25 super cup work out??:icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

21. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Didn't the Chargers drop a lawsuit against the City this offseason? To show "good faith" in the stadium negotiations?

I think it was about lack of maintenance on many problem areas of the stadium, and noncompliance of the handicapped laws.