1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers File Lawsuit Against City For Lost Revenue

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Article

San Diego, CA) -- A lawsuit has been filed by the San Diego Chargers organization to force the city to pay one-point-nine-million-dollars to the team after improvements were made to Qualcomm Stadium to make it more handicap friendly. Last year, a state arbitrator said the franchise should be compensated for lost revenue from 2002 to 2005 after the city removed seats in order to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. The city in February 2001 made five-point-three-million-dollars in stadium modifications, including the removal of nearly one-thousand seats.

The golves comming off?

2. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    It's business.

The Chargers aren't negotiating with San Diego for a stadium any longer, and the city has no say in what places like Chula Vista and Oceanside do. You forget that.

Conc, you should really use Firefox and spell check. :lol:

3. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Your making the assumption I care about a single line post I make on a public forum to a bunch of yahoos...:unsure:

4. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    15,322 replies to us yahoos?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I didnt say I dont like talkin to you yahoos. I just dont care about speelun when I post a one or two line post to you yahoos. If a speelun Nottcy gets all twistapated, their bad.:yes:

6. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Wasn't this thing coming for awhile? I thought there was some dispute at the beginning of last season where the Chargers were forced to make some changes for the disabled and the city was refusing to pay for any of the upgrades.

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Yeah you are correct. The relationship between the Chargers and the City continue to sour. I think right now there is about a 10% chance they remain in San Diego, and ony about a 50% chance they remain in the county... Just my gut feeling.

8. RayDahayder

RayDahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    the city of san diego reminds me of a guy who beats his wife and treats her like crap and then whines and cries when she leaves him.

the city will lose the chargers, either to the county or another big city, and then in a few years will be whining and crying to the NFL for a new team. Just like cleveland did.

It's amazing how stupid elected officials can be.

I hope that when/if the team moves to a county town, that they change their official name to that town. (ie: Chula Vista Chargers or Oceanside Chargers). the city doesn't deserve to get any more free advertising off the bolts.

9. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    This lawsuit is minor compared to the one that might be coming down the line. I could see the Chargers filing lawsuit on clauses that require Qualcomm be maintained to certain standards. They'll file that one to get out of paying the outstanding bonds once the team leaves for new digs.