1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers film premieres Sept. 9

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Chargers.com
    Posted Aug 12, 2009

NFL Films and Warner Home Video will present the world premiere of San Diego Chargers: The Complete History on Wednesday night, Sept. 9 at 7:00 pm and 9:30 pm at the UltraStar Theater at Hazard Center.

NFL Films and Warner Home Video will present the world premiere of San Diego Chargers: The Complete History on Wednesday night, Sept. 9 at 7:00 pm and 9:30 pm at the UltraStar Theater at Hazard Center. Tickets are $10 and available here. Fans can also purchase tickets at the door if seats remain.

The 85-minute film will premiere in state-of-the-art “Pure Digital” cinema and highlights the Chargers’ first 49 years leading up to the team’s 50th Anniversary Season in 2009. NFL Films chronicles the team’s dominance through the early years in the American Football League, the offensive powerhouse Air Coryell squads through today’s division-winning teams.

“This film is a ‘can’t miss’ for true Chargers fans,” said Chargers Executive Vice President A.G. Spanos. “Chargers fans will get a chance to relive all of the team’s greatest plays, greatest players and greatest moments that helped build the San Diego Chargers into one of the NFL’s most successful franchises.

“Nobody documents the sheer drama and excitement of the NFL better than NFL Films. It's going to be a memorable night and a great way to kick off our season.”

NFL Films Senior Producer David Plaut was born in San Diego and raised a Chargers fan, and even worked briefly for the team in the 1960s.

“Being a fan first, then being able to work for the organization, and then being able to work at NFL Films and on this project, I can honestly say that I enjoyed reliving every moment while putting the film together,” said Plaut. “San Diego Charger fans will really enjoy this film as it takes them through the history of the franchise and how it got to where it is today.”

The film includes rare sideline sound from players and coaches wires and vintage radio accounts from such notable Chargers greats as Lance Alworth, Sid Gillman, Dan Fouts, Junior Seau, Stan Humphries, LaDainian Tomlinson[​IMG] and many more and will not be shown on over-the-air television for at least two years.

“This is a unique opportunity for Charger fans to relive some of the best moments in Charger history on the giant screen. We are truly excited to be part of this exclusive, one-night-only event.” said Damon Rubio, VP of Operations for UltraStar Cinemas.

2. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Nowhere but SD huh? I'd love to come see it, but I don't know if I want to do a midweek drive down. Hopefully this will appear on DVD at some point.

3. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Me and my jumbo box of tissues will be there! :lol:

There has to be a DVD to purchase, the NFL would never pass up an opportunity to make money :p

4. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    Looks like you can get it here.

To be released on Sept. 15, 2009.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Definitely will be an immediate purchase of mine

6. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    YES! Thanks Lipz!

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408