1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chargers Free Agents: Will they stay or will they go?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +771
    I believe It'll cost us 6 mil to keep Clary and 3 mil to dump him. Gaither 6 million to dump, If they're willing to eat 9 mil. both could be sent packing

I believe the new GM (who ever that may be) will come in and clean house on bad contacts

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,401
    Which is why you sometimes have to take a step back, before you can take a step forward.

But when Norv said it, it was called ripping his former players and the organization. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,602
    I'm praying we can trade Clary; hey to the Jets he might be an improvement over what they have

(puff puff) (give)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Even eating Gaither's contract, if we draft a decent LT and move Clary inside, we might be ok. His contract is still a travesty before gods and men, but at least his play might be closer to being acceptable at that position. The 2 WR contracts from last year's FA might not be so horrible if our new HC and OC install an offense that actually takes advantage of their strengths. I also think that our receivers might be more effective if they A) learned their routes and B) had time to run them before Rivers was on his back.

We'll find out how much of a catastrophe the WR situation actually is this season I imagine.

5. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,401
    Maybe, it's time to admit that Meachem has a learning disability. ;)

6. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    He might not be able to read coverages. If he's not smart enough to read coverages, then he should spend extra time with Joiner (or whoever our WR coach becomes) working on his reads. If he still can't grasp the concepts, then the HC needs to recognize that and not assign him combo routes.