1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chargers future

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by y2craig, Apr 22, 2006.

1. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    link

According to NFL.com, it looks like the future of the Bolts is on shaky ground due to the city having money problems and the inability to build a new stadium.
    Now how accurate is this reporting? I just cannot vision the Chargers leaving San Diego - that's just not right.

In all honesty, people here in Buffalo are skeptical of the Bills future due to the CBA agreement, owner Ralph Wilson up there in age and us being one of several small market cities. It was Ralph and the Bengals owner that were against the CBA a while ago to my understanding. Los Angeles Bills? San Antonio Bills? It just plain sucks the thought of either one leaving and I do not trust what Tags has to say about it all.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The mayor is going to recommend to the City Council to amend the lease and let the Chargers shop themselves within the County of San Diego. If no deal is consummated, the Chargers can go outside of the County beginning Jan. 2007.

Things are getting bad.

We need a Super Bowl win or it will get worse - way worse.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Man, that is depressing news. Might hafta stand in line at Suicide Bridge and take a number!!

Bummer!!:icon_eek: :icon_sad: :no:

4. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    Who knows? :icon_shrug: It seems that Tags and company are all about the money and not the fans anymore. What a slap in the face of teams/fans, who made the NFL what it is today, to lose their favourite teams because of a market issue.

BFISA, you have just about an entire area ready to fill the horseshoe section of Niagara Falls if the Bills move for good...

including myself. :icon_mad:

• Like Like x 1
  5. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    I just moved to Oceanside, and that happens to be one of the prospective sites in N. S.D. that they would consider. I would be so stoked if they came here...dream come true. If the Charger's leave SD I will cry for all eternity!:no:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Not Good: San Diego mayor says city can't afford new Chargers stadium

San Diego mayor says city can't afford new Chargers stadium

Associated Press
    Posted: 1 day ago

SAN DIEGO (AP) - Cash-strapped San Diego doesn't have the money to help the Chargers build a new stadium, Mayor Jerry Sanders said Friday, opening the door for Southern California's only NFL team to leave the city it has called home for 45 years.

Sanders said he plans to ask the City Council to amend the Chargers' lease to allow the team to begin looking at sites elsewhere in San Diego County before the end of the year. If the team fails to find a new home in the county before Jan. 1, the Chargers would be free to negotiate a deal anywhere in the country.

The Chargers can leave San Diego after the 2008 season if they pay off the approximately $60 million in bonds the city issued in 1997 to expanded Qualcomm Stadium.

Here's a link to the rest of the article

• Like Like x 1
  7. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223
    I expect that the Chargers will move. The best local shot is Chula Vista from what I understand.

Other wise S.D. will no longer have a N.F.L. team just like we no longer have a N.B.A. team.

• Like Like x 2