1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers game was most watched TV program in US

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Casey Pearce
    Posted Dec 16, 2009

Sunday’s Chargers-Cowboys game drew 24.1 million viewers nationwide, making it the most watched television program in the United States last week and the highest-rated CBS Sunday game of the season.

The Chargers-Cowboys game last Sunday was the most-watched television program in the country last week, topping the charts with 24.1 million viewers, and ranks as CBS’ most-watched Sunday NFL telecast of the season.

The game drew a 35.8 rating and 63 share in San Diego, making it the top show in the market by far. That means that more than one-third of all San Diego homes were watching the game, and 63% of all households that were watching TV at the time were watching the game.

The game also ranked first in the Los Angeles and Orange County market. The game got a 13.0 rating and 32 share to rank first among all shows on TV last week in the country’s second-biggest market.

NFL games topped the local ratings in 28 NFL markets last week. For the season, NFL games top the local market ratings 88 percent of the time – the highest percentage ever after 14 weeks.

2. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    It was the only game on in many markets .. so not a huuuge surprise.. :)

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Only about three square miles of the US and the moon didn't receive the broadcast.:icon_shrug:

4. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I think they mean most-watched television program in the country not game... :icon_shrug:

But what do I know... :tup:

5. BlazingBolt

BlazingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +36
    It was bigger than the SNF Eagles Giants matchup?

That is kind of surprising. Our game wasn't even shown in at least one part of the country (Tennesse area where the Titan game was on I think at least)....

I think the Cowboy december choker story line generated interest....

6. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Along with the Charger 15-0 Record in December!:icon_toast:

Romo chokes and Rivers excels in December!

7. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I'm not too concerned with the where what how or why... I'm just glad that a LOT of people got to watch what our guys can do. :yes: